Senior Engineer - Python OR C#
— Greenfield data platform
- Greenfield solutions with lots of autonomy.
- Outstanding team culture, progression and development opportunities.
- Remote friendly!
A well-reputed global consultancy in Bristol are looking for a Senior Engineer to join them as they look to grow their in-house development function. This role is part of a wider expansion plan and investment in technology services and would be a great opportunity for anyone who wants to play a key role in how their internal & external applications are developed.
What skills you’ll need
- Proven experience with Python or C# across a variety of web & software apps, with a good level of API development.
- Significant knowledge of data acquisition & interrogation, including NLP & web scraping.
- Awareness of version control (Git) and Agile development methodologies.
- Understanding of cloud services, specifically with MS Azure or Google Cloud.
- Appreciation for front-end technology. Any knowledge of React/Angular would be beneficial.
- Solid experience with SQL Server for query writing, table design & stored procedures.
What you’ll be doing
Joining a talented Agile team you’ll drive the development of a data & insights platform in order to improve the overall efficiency of the business’ work for their clients through the use of PoC’s. You’ll be involved in various in-house software applications & databases, a lot of which are Greenfield. As a Senior in the team you will take the lead on building these bespoke apps from the ground up before looking to add new features & functionalities, often leading on technical direction & overall strategy. It’s expected that you will test these applications as well as fixing/refactoring your work, plus reviewing your colleague’s code to provide input on architectural decisions.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
This business is recognised as one of the best places to work in the UK and are committed to enhancing the firm’s social impact by creating a more inclusive and diverse society. With smart offices including Pool tables and state-of-the-art equipment, you can expect a stimulating work environment working alongside some of the brightest people in their industries. You’ll be rewarded with a competitive salary, discretionary bonus, healthy pension contribution and unmatched career progression with a global leader in its field.
Like the sound of this one? Drop Joe a message now to find out more!
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— EdTech software specialistsLocation:Bristol (remote for now)Salary:£18K-£25K
— Market-Leading Luxury RetailerLocation:LondonSalary:Up to £40,000
— Innovative, progressive, seriously talentedLocation:Bristol (remote for now)Salary:£45K-£60K