Senior Infrastructure Engineer
— Annual training & development budget
- FTSE 250 organisation.
- Modern offices in the heart of Bristol complete with pool tables and ping pong!
- Outstanding team, collaboration, key development & progression opportunities.
- Extensive background in an infrastructure engineering role, with proven expertise across networking (CCNA certification preferred).
- Significant design & support experience across at least 2 of the following: Microsoft, Cisco, Redhat, VMware, Juniper, Oracle, Datacore. A vocational certification in any of the above would be advantageous.
- Excellent understanding of firewalls, routing, disaster recovery & security. Any understanding of Linux would be highly beneficial.
- Self-starting, proven project delivery experience with a keen willingness to learn new infrastructure technologies.
- A high calibre of methodology knowledge (ITIL), approach assessment and a driven mentality.
Working alongside 3 other engineers and reporting into the Infrastructure Manager, you will take responsibility for technical authority and support across the business infrastructure. Your day will start with updating tickets and dealing with any urgent outstanding requests. Following this will be new and continued project work throughout the day, with a focus on networking, disaster recovery and security. You will champion hosting/operations, backups, capacity/availability management and continuity planning, ensuring the successful delivery of all infrastructure projects and quickly adapting to new infrastructure patterns/technology. There is an “on-call” aspect to this role which is once every four weeks, in which you’d be paid time & a half (must be willing to travel as required).
An incredible opportunity to work for a FTSE 250 organisation with a generous salary (c£55K) with long term progression, allocated training and development budgets, access to courses and conferences alongside a formidable benefits package. You can expect generous holidays (25 days), flexi-time/remote working, annual bonus (up to 10%) plus amazing discounts at a range of restaurants/retailers. The business earned an award for Investors in People (Gold) so they really know how to look after their employees! Above all, you’ll be in a role with real job satisfaction and the autonomy to evaluate, select and suggest new ideas that will be highly valued.
Sound like the role for you? Send your profile to Joe (01179269530) or give us a call to find out more!
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
Infrastructure & Support jobsSearch all jobs
— Industry leading technologyLocation:BristolSalary:£25-£35k
— global technology businessLocation:WiltshireSalary:£30K - £40K
— award-winning developer of IT services!Location:ChippenhamSalary:£26K - £33K