Senior Software Engineer
— World leading scientific technology
- World leading products used by millions.
- Flexible hours with a bit of remote working.
- Chance to work with .NET 4.7.2, and cross train from other technologies.
A technology company who build some extremely interesting products used by scientists and engineers from a range of industries and organizations around the world are looking to build a brand new software engineering team in Bristol (currently 27 with around 70 across different offices) by adding 6 new engineers. It’s a great opportunity for anyone looking to improve their programming skills within a growing and ambitious team.
What experience you’ll need
- You’ll be a very capable engineer ideally in C#.
- Any experience object orientated languages i.e. Java, Python or Ruby would work as long as you’re willing to cross train.
- Either a history with windows desktop programming or an interest in it.
- C++ experience would be beneficial.
- Agile experience including Scrum, Unit Testing, TDD.
- TFS knowledge would be beneficial.
- Ability to pick up new languages.
- If you’ve work with .NET 4.6 then great, 4.7 even better.
- Any experience building a team is desirable.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to communicate well with your team in on-site and remote.
- Result driven, you will be interested in self-development.
What you’ll be doing
Working within the software team you will design well-structured and documented software applications using agile methods to ensure the design follows laid down codes of practice, software procedures and project life cycle methodologies following TickIT Plus standards. It’ll be expected you communicate well within your team being part of sprint planning, sprint reviews, retrospectives etc. and to guide more junior developers whilst you do this. From time to time you will have to take on the role of team leader and provide guidance, and design direction as appropriate depending on the size of the project whilst solving product problems with wider engineering teams. You’ll also acquire, maintain and disseminate knowledge of a new software innovations and their potential application. It’s important you establish strong relationships internally and externally to benefit your role to its full potential.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
As well as getting paid a market salary for a Senior Software Engineer at this level you will be entitled to 23 days holiday (increasing to 25 with service), flexi-time (core hours 10-12 and 2-3 Monday to Friday (37.5 hour working week) with the opportunity to do a bit of home working, healthcare cash plan, life assurance 4x salary, group personal pension scheme up to 6% contribution, company subsidized membership of local health clubs. You will be eligible to participate in the company profit share scheme, cycle to work scheme, share incentive plan, free car parking and employee development. If you are currently programming in other languages and eager to learn Microsoft technologies then you will have the opportunity to cross train your skills.
If you’d like to apply or find out more just give Joe a call!
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
Web Development & Software Engineering jobsSearch all jobs
— Exciting eCommerce BrandLocation:BournemouthSalary:Up to £25k
— Friendly Law FirmLocation:BristolType:Salary:£Competitive
— Successful EdTech OrganisationLocation:OxfordSalary:£Competitive