Senior/Lead Software Engineer (Scala, Clojure)
— Open Source & Functional Programming
- State-of-the-art offices near to public transport links.
- Remote working, flexi-time.
- Progressive stack & technology agnostic.
Senior Software Engineer with Scala/Clojure development experience needed for a forward-thinking and rapidly expanding tech for good business in Central Bristol. With 4 state-of-the-art offices across Bristol & London, they won 11 out of 12 categories at the uSwitch awards and are continuing to disrupt the industry they operate in!
What skills you'll need
- Proven background in an open source environment using functional programming and JVM based languages such as Scala/Clojure/Node.
- Significant understanding of technologies, libraries & frameworks related to Scala/Java (Play, Kafka, Spark, Rabbit MQ, FS2, Monix etc.).
- Good knowledge of the Akka toolkit (Akka Streams, Akka HTTP, Alpakka etc.).
- Awareness of open-source databases such as PostgreSQL & MongoDB, as well as various data stores/tools such as Redshift or Google BigQuery.
- Understanding of AWS (CloudFormation) & Google Cloud would be handy, as well as config & containerisation technologies like Docker & Kubernetes. Any understanding of CI/CD (preferably with CircleCI/GoCD) would be beneficial.
- Extensive knowledge of operating in a highly Agile environment is essential.
What you'll be doing
Joining a cross-functional team in a highly Agile environment with continuous release & deployments, you’ll take responsibility for development & testing across multiple projects as well as involving yourself in managing environments & infrastructure internally. This is back-end focused and involves building & scaling distributed systems and ensuring that the micro-service platforms are written in the most suitable language for each product (all connected on an event stream using Kafka). You’ll also be covering things like backlogs, data migrations and other more general development projects, constantly using the most progressive and modern technology around. No day is the same, there’s plenty of variety and the business are constantly looking to integrate emerging technology into their wider stack.
What you'll get in return for your talents
Where do we even start? They offer a range of benefits including flexible/remote working, 25 days holiday, plenty of social events and meet-ups, an annual training budget, free breakfast, fruit & drinks, a minimum of 12% bonus, a 4% flexible benefit scheme (including phones, laptops, TVs and bikes) and a great pension. Importantly the working environment they have created is second to none. The offices themselves are fantastic and you’ll also be working with some great people who value the company and what they believe in. This company has achieved and is continuing to achieve some great things.
Want to join the team? Send your CV to Joe or give us a call now!
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
Web Development & Software Engineering jobsSearch all jobs
— Exciting eCommerce BrandLocation:BournemouthSalary:Up to £25k
— Friendly Law FirmLocation:BristolType:Salary:£Competitive
— Successful EdTech OrganisationLocation:OxfordSalary:£Competitive