Service Design Manager
— New Strategic Design Team
- Join a newly formed Bristol team delivering strategic design solutions to top brands.
- Lead a multidisciplinary team of research, design and technical experts.
- Enjoy a generous salary and package with flexibility and autonomy in your work.
We’re looking for a Service Design Manager to join a new creative and engineering team in Bristol. This role sits within the South West hub for this internationally renowned brand and will provide essential service design, design research and visual design services to an impressive client base.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll become part of a network of businesses that provide strategy and design services to some of the worlds biggest brands. However in this unique opportunity you will be joining a newly formed regional hub and get in at ground level, playing a pivotal role in its formation and growing capability.
As a service design leader you will lead teams of researchers, UX designers, visual designers and developers. A strategic thinker you will work with organisations of all kinds; creating service design blueprints and subsequently delivering complex end-to-end services. Your job will be to balance the demands of experience and operational efficiency, strategic vision and commercial reality with your clients.
In this role you’ll be customer facing and responsible for spearheading client proposals and new business wins. Looking inwards you’ll be highly respected by others in the team as a leading figure within the hub; an expert in user centred design and organisational change.
What you’ll need to be considered
- Experience of leading cross functional research and design teams.
- Proven experience of providing integrated solutions to complex organisations.
- A confident leader but down to earth, human and personable.
- Client facing, engaging and able to communicate at every level of an organisation.
- Able to be based in central Bristol with occasional travel to clients (domestic travel mostly).
- A thought leader, respected by your peers and engaged with the wider design and UX community.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
You’ll be rewarded with a great salary and generous benefits. You’ll join a purpose led organisation that’s big on diversity and inclusion and invests in its people. As part of the design and engineering hub you’ll work alongside a great head of department and be part of a unique start-up style culture.
To be considered apply with an up to date CV or get in touch with Sam on 01179 269 530 for a confidential chat. If you have projects or case studies detailing service design projects you’ve delivered please share these also.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
UX jobsSearch all jobs
— Exciting eCommerce BrandLocation:BournemouthSalary:Up to £25k
— Friendly Law FirmLocation:BristolType:Salary:£Competitive
— Successful EdTech OrganisationLocation:OxfordSalary:£Competitive