Site Reliability Engineer
— Greenfield cloud platform
- Fantastic working environment in a central Bristol location.
- Remote working, flexi-time & 37.5hr week.
- Leading innovator in green technology.
A hugely progressive tech for good business is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to join their production engineering team in central Bristol. With a turnover of c£700m and 4 offices across Bristol & London, they’re moving from strength-to-strength and were voted as being the top 20 of companies to work for in The Sunday Times!
What skills you'll need
- Proven experience in DevOps/Site Reliability Engineering, ideally with expertise in observability.
- Software Engineering background. Flexible on which language but the preferences would be Java, Scala, Clojure, Python or NodeJS.
- Significant system design experience and great knowledge of distributed systems/data streaming.
- Cloud technology exposure, ideally across multiple platforms but this is desirable (AWS, GCP, Azure, Rackspace etc.).
- DevOps best practices; CI/CD, configs, automation, continuous delivery, containerisation.
- Networking, security, automation & scripting knowledge.
- Extensive knowledge of operating in a highly Agile environment is essential.
What you'll be doing
Sitting in the production engineering team you’ll ensure positive customer experience across the company’s Greenfield cloud platform. You’ll be exposed to the business’ full technology stack, focusing on infrastructure automation, release engineering & monitoring distributed systems. The aim is to create scalable solutions for on-boarding customers while maintaining the high level of software systems across the business, driving operational excellence around deployment, monitoring and service performance. You’ll be involved in building various tools to improve production capability, and may be required to provide out of hours support where necessary. No day is the same, you will constantly be adaptable and deepening your technology exposure as you go along.
What you'll get in return for your talents
Where do we even start? They offer a range of benefits including flexible/remote working, 25 days holiday, plenty of social events and meet-ups, an annual training budget, free breakfast, fruit & drinks, a minimum of 12% bonus, a 4% flexible benefit scheme (including phones, laptops, TVs and bikes) and a great pension. Importantly the working environment they have created is second to none. The offices themselves are fantastic and you'll also be working with some great people who value the company and what they believe in. This company has already achieved a lot and is continuing to achieve some amazing things.
Want to join the team? Send your CV to Joe or give us a call now!
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
DevOps and Cloud jobsSearch all jobs
— - Global manufacturer!Location:GloucesterType:Salary:£30k-£35k
— Agile & Progressive Creative EnvironmentLocation:BristolSalary:£40-£55K dep on exp + fantastic benefits
— Agile & Innovative Creative EnvironmentLocation:BristolSalary:£50-£70K dep on exp + fantastic benefits