Site Reliability Engineer
— Cloud, Linux, ML/Complex Projects
- Critical, life-changing projects.
- Path into Cloud/DevOps architect role.
- Machine Learning and geospatial, complex systems.
A fast-growing start-up/scale-up in Bristol working on some ground-breaking products in the defence sector are looking to bolster their talented systems team. This role is ideal for someone who enjoys traditional DevOps/infrastructure engineering and understands the design process, with a desire to move towards architecture.
Experience you’ll need
- You will have worked in a DevOps/SRE role in the past.
- Infrastructure experience – Linux/Unix etc.
- Experience working on large-scale distributed systems.
- Cloud platform experience, e.g. AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Containerization technologies such as Docker.
- Networking experience.
- Scripting with any languages e.g. Java, Python, Ruby, C++ etc. would be beneficial.
- Strong understanding of the design process.
- You’ll enjoy experimenting with different architecture solutions.
- It is essential you will be eligible for SC clearance.
What you’ll be doing
You will be joining the ‘systems’ side of the business, combining software and systems engineering to build and run large scale and distributed complex systems, with an eye on capacity and performance. The challenges won’t be easy and will evolve daily, you’ll have the chance to work on a continuous variety of projects learning new skills along the way and taking a step up into an architectural role. You’ll support scaled deployment of their ‘Concept Analysis Machine Learning’ platform to monitoring the operational use of high-scale geospatial tools. Sometimes you will be expected to travel to client side if needed, but possibly not essential.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
On top of a salary £50K-£75K the company have a lot to offer on top of usual benefits in terms of work, training & development and access to SC clearance; for example 20% of your time can be dedicated to own ideas/personal projects as well as lots of autonomy in this role. They are also building a brand new office in an empty warehouse with an on-site gym and free food; on top of this you will have 25 days holiday, pension, wellness package, near train connections and also a fantastic culture of very clever and driven techies.
If you’d like to apply or find out more just give George a shout (George@adlib-recruitment.co.uk; 01179269530)
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— Dynamic Content - AnimationsLocation:Remote + BathSalary:Up to £300 p/day
— Remote interviews/onboarding!Location:CheltenhamSalary:£40K - £45K
— 3 Months Initial - Remote Working OptionsLocation:Remote + WiltshireSalary:Up to £45 p/hour