Back to all jobs 18th MarBack to all jobs
Software Engineer (Java, Scala, Clojure, JVM)
— Talented cross-functional team
£60K - £70K
- Fantastic working environment in a central Bristol location.
- Remote working, flexi-time & 37.5hr week.
- Working with the most cutting edge technology.
Back-End Software Engineer with Scala/Clojure development experience needed for a hugely progressive, forward-thinking and continually growing company based in central Bristol. With a turnover of c£700m and 4 offices in Bristol & London, they were voted as being the top 20 of companies to work for in The Sunday Times!
What skills you'll need
- Proven background in an open source environment using functional programming and JVM based languages such as Scala/Clojure/Node.
- Significant understanding of technologies, libraries & frameworks related to Scala/Java (Play, Kafka, Spark, Rabbit MQ, FS2, Monix etc.).
- Good knowledge of the Akka toolkit (Akka Streams, Akka HTTP, Alpakka etc.).
- Awareness of open-source databases such as PostgreSQL & MongoDB, as well as various data stores/tools such as Redshift or Google BigQuery.
- Understanding of AWS (CloudFormation) & Google Cloud would be handy, as well as config & containerisation technologies like Docker & Kubernetes. Any understanding of CI/CD (preferably with CircleCI/GoCD) would be beneficial.
- Extensive knowledge of operating in a highly Agile environment is essential.
What you'll be doing
Joining a cross-functional team in a highly Agile environment with continuous release & deployments, youll take responsibility for development & testing across multiple projects as well as involving yourself in managing environments & infrastructure internally. This involves building & scaling distributed systems and ensuring that the micro-service platforms are written in the most suitable language for each product (all connected on an event stream using Kafka). Youll also be covering things like backlogs, data migrations and other more general development projects, constantly using the most progressive and modern technology around.
What you'll get in return for your talents
Where do we even start? They offer a range of benefits including flexible/remote working, 25 days holiday, plenty of social events and meet-ups, an annual training budget, free breakfast, fruit & drinks, a minimum of 12% bonus, a 4% flexible benefit scheme (including phones, laptops, TVs and bikes) and a great pension. Importantly the working environment they have created is second to none. The offices themselves are fantastic and youll also be working with some great people who value the company and what they believe in. This company has achieved and is continuing to achieve some great things.
Want to join the team? Send your CV to Joe or give us a call now!
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
Web Development & Software Engineering jobsSearch all jobs
79 jobs found