Back to all jobs 18th MarBack to all jobs
Software Engineer/Technical Architect
— Talented cross-functional team
£55K - £85K
- Fantastic working environment in a central Bristol location.
- Remote working, flexi-time & 37.5hr week.
- Leading innovator in green technology.
What skills you'll need
- Technical exposure is flexible, but you will need a proven background in an open source environment using things like NodeJS, React, React Native or TypeScript.
- Demonstrable interest in functional programming (Scala, Clojure, Elixir etc.). Any commercial experience would be useful but not essential!
- Significant cloud experience across AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Understanding of technologies, libraries & frameworks related to JVM (Java, Scala, Play, Clojure, Kafka, Spark, Rabbit MQ, FS2, Monix etc.).
- Configuration management, automation & containerisation (Docker & Kubernetes) knowledge. The "DevOps" culture of working.
- Awareness of open-source databases such as PostgreSQL & MongoDB, as well as various data stores/tools such as Redshift or Google BigQuery.
- Extensive knowledge of operating in a highly Agile environment is essential.
What you'll be doing
Joining a cross-functional team in a highly Agile environment with continuous release & deployments, you'll offer a passion for developing forward-thinking products, taking ownership of projects from inception through to continuous improvement. It's expected that you will work in teams (sometimes using pair programming) to build resilient and scalable solutions, taking TDD and continuous delivery into account and advocating Agile practice across the business. The role involves building & scaling distributed systems and ensuring that the micro-service platforms are written in the most suitable language for each product (all connected on an event stream using Kafka). You'll be contributing to a multitude of systems meaning technology agnosticism is essential. No day is the same, you will constanty be adaptable and deepening your technology exposure as you go along.
The business are considering both Engineers & Architects for this team, so responsibilities will vary slightly depending on the role you're doing.
What you'll get in return for your talents
Where do we even start? They offer a range of benefits including flexible/remote working, 25 days holiday, plenty of social events and meet-ups, an annual training budget, free breakfast, fruit & drinks, a minimum of 12% bonus, a 4% flexible benefit scheme (including phones, laptops, TVs and bikes) and a great pension. Importantly the working environment they have created is second to none. The offices themselves are fantastic and youll also be working with some great people who value the company and what they believe in. This company has already achieved a lot and is continuing to achieve some amazing things.
Want to join the team? Send your CV to Joe or give us a call now!
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
Architecture / Web Development & Software Engineering jobsSearch all jobs
93 jobs found
— Heavily-funded start-up.Location:CirencesterSalary:£30k-£60k
— Progressive, friendly companyLocation:BathSalary:£25K-£50K
— Rapid business growth & career progressionLocation:BristolSalary:£30K - £40K