— Become an experienced software engineer
- Popular and growing technology company.
- Flexible working hours, strong emphasis on appraisals.
- Work with the latest .NET versions, become an experienced engineer.
A technology company who build some extremely interesting products used by scientists and engineers from a range of industries and organizations around the world are looking to expand their leading software engineering team in Bristol (currently 27 with around 70 across different offices). As part of this expansion they’re looking to hire 3 new hungry engineers who are either just starting their careers or have a couple of years experience and looking to take it to the next level.
What experience you’ll need
- You will have worked with programming languages – ideally C#, Java, Python Ruby or C++.
- Ideally you will have a couple of years commercial experience or just graduated with a relevant degree.
- Eager to learn desktop programming and work with the latest .NET versions.
- An awareness of agile working, any experience would be great.
- You’ll have the ability to pick up technology quickly.
- It’s important you are passionate about IT/Engineering and the problems faced.
- Great communication skills.
- Result driven, you will be interested in self-development and learning from others.
What you’ll be doing
Working within the software team you will design well-structured and documented software applications using agile methods to ensure the design follows laid down codes of practice, software procedures and project life cycle methodologies. You’ll want to be driven in this team, learn from others, learn from your mistakes but carry the right attitude along the way. It’ll be expected you communicate well within your team being part of sprint planning and sprint reviews – if you haven’t been involved in this before then no worries you can start now. Working closely with lead engineers and testers you’ll fix problems, create new and exciting solutions quickly and efficiently. Every day you will look to be part of the drive within this companies innovation so enthusiasm and passion on a daily basis will go a long way and some good engineering might help you also.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
As well as getting paid a market salary for a Junior-Mid Level Software Engineer you will be entitled to 23 days holiday (increasing to 25 with service), flexi-time (core hours 10-12 and 2-3 Monday to Friday (37.5 hour working week) with the opportunity to do a bit of home working, healthcare cash plan, life assurance 4x salary, group personal pension scheme up to 6% contribution, company subsidized membership of local health clubs. You will be eligible to participate in the company profit share scheme, cycle to work scheme, share incentive plan, free car parking and employee development. If you are currently programming in other languages and eager to learn Microsoft technologies then you will have the opportunity to cross train your skills.
If you’d like to apply or find out more just give Joe a call!
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
Web Development & Software Engineering jobsSearch all jobs
— Exciting eCommerce BrandLocation:BournemouthSalary:Up to £25k
— Friendly Law FirmLocation:BristolType:Salary:£Competitive
— Successful EdTech OrganisationLocation:OxfordSalary:£Competitive