Back to all jobs 19th JunBack to all jobs
Senior Software Engineer (React, Node/Scala)
— Talented cross-functional team
£45K - £77K
- Fantastic working environment in a central Bristol location.
- Remote working and flexi-time.
- Leading innovator in green technology.
What skills you'll need
- Proven background in an open source environment using things like NodeJS, React, React Native or TypeScript.
- Significant cloud experience across AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Demonstrable scripting & SQL experience.
- Configuration management, automation & containerisation (Docker & Kubernetes) knowledge. The "DevOps" culture of working.
- Self-starting, ability to work autonomously whilst being adaptable to change.
- Interest in functional programming (Scala, Clojure, Elixir etc.). Any commercial experience would be useful but not essential!
- Extensive knowledge of operating in a highly Agile environment is essential.
What you'll be doing
Joining a highly Agile environment with continuous release & deployments, you'll offer a passion for developing forward-thinking products, taking ownership of projects from inception through to continuous improvement. It's expected that you will work in teams (sometimes using pair programming) to build resilient and scalable solutions, taking TDD and continuous delivery into account and advocating Agile practice across the business. This role is full-stack but more leaning towards the front-end (React); there's a lot of scripting involved and you will need to be comfortable with SQL. You'll be contributing to a multitude of systems so technology agnosticism is essential. This is the first hire within this particular team so autonomy is appreciated; you will be driving complex technical discussions and acting as a technical lead as and when needed.
What you'll get in return for your talents
They offer a range of benefits including flexible/remote working, 25 days holiday, plenty of social events and meet-ups, an annual training budget, free breakfast, fruit & drinks, an average annual bonus of 16%, a 4% flexible benefit scheme (including phones, laptops, TVs and bikes) and a great pension. Importantly the working environment they have created is second to none. The offices themselves are fantastic and youll also be working with some great people who value the company and what they believe in. This company has already achieved a lot and is continuing to achieve some amazing things.
Want to join the team? Send your CV to Joe or give us a call now!
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
Architecture / Web Development & Software Engineering jobsSearch all jobs
70 jobs found
— High profile projectsLocation:BathSalary:Up to £250 p/day
— Bath - High Profile AppLocation:BathSalary:Up to £350 p/day
— leaders in the autonomous technologies spaceLocation:BristolSalary:£50K - £65K