— Tech-for-good in social care sector
- Be part of a tech-for-good start-up improving the lives of people with Learning Disabilities.
- Join remotely as the second member of the tech team with huge scope to shape the product.
- Tech stack: PHP, Laravel, MySQL, HTML, CSS.
A start-up based on the outskirts of Bristol with a mission to use technology to help make a positive social impact is looking for a talented PHP Developer to join their team. The person-centred platform is benefiting hundreds of users within Health, Social Care and Education settings by helping to empower people with Learning Disabilities to be more independent.
The skills we’re looking for:
- Someone at Junior or Mid-level with strong PHP/Laravel.
- Git version control.
- Experience of Agile methodology and sprints.
- Self-driven, able to manage your own workload and happy working in a start-up environment.
- Strong communication skills.
Bonus points for…
- Someone who is (or has been) involved with volunteering, fundraising or ‘giving back’ in some way and is passionate about social impact.
- Design experience.
- An interest in picking up skills with React, React Native as the role develops.
- An interest in or knowledge of video streaming.
What you’ll be doing
As the second member of the tech team, it’s a brilliant opportunity to make a difference and to get stuck into all aspects of the product. You’ll initially be focused on the backend, moving to Full Stack with opportunities to learn new tech including React Native. Working alongside the Tech Director, you’ll be involved in the complete development lifecycle from design to deployment. This will include the design and implementation of new features, maintaining and improving the current code base, support, testing, documentation, and statistical analysis of data. You’ll help develop new projects and take ownership of areas where your skills excel. You’ll also work closely with the wider team to gather requirements and ideas for further development.
What you’ll get in return for your talents:
The feel-good factor of working for a purpose-led company doing good in the world, where the product is making a genuine difference to the lives of the users and their families. The salary is up to £40k and they offer remote working - there's a requirement to come to the office for quarterly meetings, but otherwise you can choose where you work. Standard hours are 9-5 but these are flexible, and you manage your own time. There will be lots of opportunities to develop your Full Stack skills too through exposure to a wide range of projects, working closely with the support of the Tech Director. As the company grows, they will look to build the development team meaning longer-term there will be opportunities to coach/mentor others if that appeals too.
Like the sound of this one? Send in your CV or get in touch with Sky if you have any questions.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— UK's largest news publisherLocation:London/Remote, UKSalary:Up to £75,000pa
— Cutting-edge tech including VR & ARLocation:Oxford / Hybrid, UKSalary:Up to £35,000
— Use technology to deliver real-world positive impactsLocation:Cardiff / Swansea, UKSalary:£40K - £75K+