Graduate/Junior DevOps Engineer
— Gaming industry giants
- Contribute to the development of the gaming industry.
- Comprehensive benefits package, including access to games bundles and discounts on gaming products.
- Mature approach to flexible working.
Operating as the backbone to the gaming industry, this awesome tech company are looking for a Graduate DevOps Engineer to join them in Bristol. You’ll have an opportunity to work alongside industry greats with great access to coaching and mentoring if required. With c100 people globally and one of their most successful years to date, you’ll have the chance to interact with household names in gaming, while contributing to the growth of a c£2bn industry.
What experience you'll need
- Awareness of DevOps principles or commercial experience in an internship/junior role.
- Exposure to Ansible (or similar) for configuration management.
- System administration skills across both Linux / Windows systems.
- Exposure to a cloud platform, preferably AWS or similar.
- Understanding of networking, virtualisation, containerisation (Docker, DNS, TCP/IP).
- Any scripting experience in Python, PowerShell or similar would be useful.
- Passion for automation and continuous improvement.
We encourage you to apply even if you don’t have all of the above knowledge/experience. If you’re a natural problem solver and have some exposure to DevOps and the way it works, we’d like to hear from you.
What you'll be doing
You’ll act as an enabler for improvements across their current infrastructure which is built on Jenkins, Ansible, Git and Chocolatey across Windows and Linux platforms. This role sits across multiple teams within the Bristol office, with a primary focus on improving CI systems and introducing automation where necessary. You’ll support developers in reducing test/release times, take ownership of improving test, dev and release workflows, plus championing modern virtualisation and provisioning. The business is full of world-class engineers working in a fast-paced, ever-changing industry so adaptability is key, coupled with a drive to learn and integrate new tech to maintain quality moving forward. If you’re a natural problem solver, this place is for you.
What you'll get in return for your talents
You will get a comprehensive benefits package including regular games bundles and discounts on gaming products, 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), pension scheme, private medical cover, health insurance, relocation assistance if needed, and health club membership. Alongside this there is a mature attitude to working, with flexibility around core working hours and the chance to work remotely 2-3 times a week (some office time is needed due to product interaction).
Please get in touch with Joe to find out more about this awesome role.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— Gaming industry giantsLocation:Bristol / RemoteSalary:£35K - £43K
— Join an expanding tech scaleupLocation:LondonSalary:Up to £95,000pa (DOE)
— Unique Self-Service ModelLocation:BristolSalary:Up to £80K DOE