— Rapid business growth & career progression
- Global business with an exciting new digital hub.
- Progressive and adaptable technology exposure spread across multiple stacks.
- High-level creative solutions for global organisations and household names.
An internationally renowned digital tech giant has landed in Bristol and is looking for an experienced Tech Lead to join their outstanding team. With plans to grow to 200 in the next 2 years, this opportunity will offer great scope to work with new & progressive technology as well as giving you the chance to build the foundations of an innovative team from the ground up.
What skills you’ll need
- Proven background of developing solutions in NodeJS within an Agile (Scrum/Kanban) environment. Knowledge of Angular 2+ / TypeScript as well.
- Recent experience in technical leadership and mentoring, preferably with knowledge of growing a team but this isn’t essential.
- Expertise within a project-based environment, with an ability to take customers through the solution delivery lifecycle from end-to-end.
- Good understanding of various continuous integration & automated testing tools to drive quality improvements. An awareness of the “DevOps” culture of working would be beneficial.
- Ability to take the lead on business development, as well as owning solution design & planning for multiple projects.
- Demonstrable advocacy for best coding practice across your team, especially around security, performance, usability & maintainability.
What you’ll be doing
You will act as a hands-on technical leader taking responsibility for the creation & growth of a brand-new delivery function, focusing on an on-going digitisation project for a larger & established client. With the team growing rapidly, you will be expected to advocate & maintain quality coding practices, making sure that you work in an Agile manner to ensure all technical decisions are made collectively. You will own commitments around solution design and will liaise with the Business Analysts to build high-level technical specs supported by technical designs. You will be a mentor, creating the foundation of a supportive & collaborative environment to ensure continued success across your team. A part of this role will be to help transition development from a European hub to Bristol, so initially there will be some travel involved but this is due to decrease as the role progresses.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
An incredible opportunity to work for a Times Top 50 Employer offering a competitive salary with outstanding long term progression, training and development, access to courses and conferences alongside a formidable benefits package. You can expect generous holidays (25 days) a discretionary bonus, healthy pension (matched up to 8%) and a flexible benefits scheme tailored to your preferences! This is a fantastic chance to be a key part of a growing technology team in stunning new offices designed to hold regular tech meetups, show and tells and drive innovation through their work.
To hear more about this great opportunity, send your CV to Joe or give us a call to find out more.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
Web Development & Software Engineering / CTO / Tech Director jobsSearch all jobs
— Mulesoft, Mule ESBLocation:BristolSalary:Competitive
— South Wales - High profile productsLocation:South WalesType:Salary:Up to £425 p/day
— Up to 4 days remote workingLocation:CirencesterSalary:£35K-£45K