Sustainability Strategist / Director
— Enviral Consultancy
- Incredible opportunity for a Sustainability Strategist / Director to join Enviral
- Newly created role to grow out a team and play a major part from early doors
- Bristol based
We live in a world where companies who have a vision for a more sustainable future, with an actioned plan in how to create that vision a reality - succeed. In fact they don’t just succeed, they become role models and change entire industries - inspiring movements - making this planet we live on, a more sustainable, happier and interesting place to inhabit.
Are you a creative and strategic leader that can inspire and build teams? Can you understand, talk about, plan, create and challenge sustainability strategies whilst interweaving business needs? Do you want to work with like-minded colleagues and clients with a passion for values and culture to grow a new pillar of our business from the ground up, helping businesses big and small become more purposeful, teeing up remarkable communications from our marketing agency offering? Well, look no further, this might just be the job for you...
Enviral are on the search for a Lead Sustainability Strategist to oversee and develop Enviral Evolve, our new Sustainability Consultancy offering. Enviral helps to create and communicate organisations social and environmental messages. We evolve companies’ sustainability strategies and engage their customers through impactful purposeful communications. We pride ourselves on not being a traditional marketing agency. In fact we want to shake up the agency world, step away from the conventionals and lead by example to evoke positive behaviour change. Purpose runs through our core and although we’re getting well known for our marketing communications, it’s now time to dial up our sustainability purpose by helping develop our clients’ sustainability offerings through
impactful strategies which can help forward thinking businesses to be more impactful.
In a snapshot here are the functions that Enviral Evolve will offer
Sustainability strategy and roadmap creation
Sustainability experiences through integrated workshops
We’re not a big agency but we are specialist communicators with a core vision.
Currently made up of 7 core team members, plus interns and freelancers, our main base is in Bristol in the U.K. This role would be an in-house full time position in our HQ in Bristol, developing Enviral Evolve from the ground up to a team of around 10 consultants in the coming years.
We highly encourage anyone of any background, age or gender, BAME or LGBT+ to apply for this role. We are an inclusive company. Please note this role is only available in-house in our Bristol office.
As a Lead Sustainability Strategist, your day-to-day role will be:
- Overall responsibility for developing Enviral Evolve’s sustainable strategy offering and team
- Developing a strategy ‘greenprint’ of how we approach sustainability consultancy, evolving it as a core Enviral service
- Creating sustainability strategy frameworks from design, to implementation through to reporting
- Leading (and reporting to the Enviral founder) on the creation of materiality assessments, producing summaries, recommendations and action plans for growing Evolve and our clients needs
- Responding to sustainability briefs, conducting the research and benchmarking that underpins Enviral strategy response to clients, managing the executional delivery and reporting of the results and key insights
- Take a leadership role in creating, managing and delivering strategist led projects and new business pitches that are impactful, credible and strategy led, using a mix of in-house and freelance team members
- Utilising your strategic leadership to proactively drive and identify new opportunities for account growth, shaping the company’s future and pushing these ideas forward with the CEO and the surrounding team
- Overseeing the creation of new business proposals in close collaboration with creative and account teams (mostly in the Adobe Suite, using InDesign)
- Overall responsibility for building and developing a close knit strategy / consultancy team to support with research and execution of Evolve offerings. Ensuring a forward thinking, creative approach to sustainability consultancy whilst creating an inspiring environment
- Instilling a mindset of epic creativity and strategy, ensuring that all work produced and presented by Enviral Evolve is at a client ready standard at all times
- Working closely with the creative team to provide them with the key information they need to translate analysis, insights and strategy into engaging, creative communications across reports, videos, motion graphics and copy
- Manage, mentor, challenge and develop Enviral employees by demonstrating outstanding role model behaviour. Track and evaluate career progression of junior employees through regular catch ups and occasional appraisals
- Demonstrate an always on mentality in regards to identifying sustainability opportunities, networking events, and new business on behalf of Enviral and recommending these to the company and clients
- Develop a growth mindset to change the world through our clients and our own campaigns At Enviral we’re looking for someone who will:
- Have a clear passion and desire to change the world
- Be adventurous in and outside of the workplace
- Bring a spirit of entrepreneurialism, positive energy and inspiration to the workplace to live within our 5 core values: Adventurous, Curious, Strategic, Kind and Purposeful
- Show a passion to occasionally wear different hats in our small but growing agency
- Grow our agency and how we do things on a day to day basis for the better
What skills would the Lead Sustainability Strategist / Director have for this role?
We’re looking for someone with experience operating in a Head or Senior Sustainability Strategy role in an agency, freelance or client-side in relevant sustainability positions. You’ll bring a creative and proven approach to pitching and offer a proven track record of developing sustainability strategies with a team, that have made in into the public domain and have promoted purpose and delivered bold innovation, positive social change and environmental impact reduction.
Naturally, you’ll bring an In depth knowledge of sustainability with a body of relevant work experience including some or all of the following fields:
Strategy framework creation and sustainability policy development, handholding brands through the BCorp journey, reporting on sustainability (GRI/SDGs), knowledge of Sustainable Development Goals from a business perspective, issue and trend analysis, research, benchmarking and materiality assessments, goal / KPI setting, management and delivery, sound leadership and management skills with the ability to inspire and drive the team to deliver high quality work to deadlines. All coupled with strong presentation skills and successful experience articulating senior sustainability and strategy led work in presentations and pitches to influential decision makers at the highest level
An inspirational ability to think strategically about marketing & sustainability challenges, whatever the brief, audience and channel, able to inspire passion & creativity and have a natural presence to make things happen!
It also goes without saying you’ll also bring:
- A passion for purpose, a positive attitude and a drive to make a difference
- Confidence, curiosity with a key interest to learn and discover, plus the strive to go that one step further to see the bigger picture
- An analytical and detailed approach to work, with in depth knowledge of sustainability
- An organised self-starter attitude with the ability to run with work, deliver to deadlines and handle pressure in a small, fast-paced agency environment
- An excellent eye for well branded presentations and internal communications
- A high degree of empathy and patience for the challenges and opportunities within the ever changing sustainability world
What you’ll get in return for your talents
A salary based on experience, EMI scheme, a lovely and progressive working environment. Most importantly the opportunity to grow something out from early doors where the career progression is to a large extent an open book and in your hands.
Enviral are working with our friends at ADLIB who are handling this opportunity exclusively on our behalf. We are anticipating a high response and plan to shortlist week commencing Friday 10th July. Please note that any CV’s / contact that comes direct to Enviral will be forwarded to ADLIB to manage on our behalf.
Please apply by sending your CV along with a cover note outlining your interest in Enviral, current situation and salary requirements.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— 2 Positions AvailableLocation:BristolSalary:£35k-£42k
— Technology (b2b)Location:BristolSalary:£30-35k
— Professional services (b2b)Location:central BristolSalary:c/ £40k