— Java, grow your own team, R&D
- The chance to build an office and grow a team from scratch.
- Hugely successful business with teams across the UK and Europe.
- Interesting tech stack with the opportunity to learn new skills.
An amazing opportunity for an experienced Tech Lead (Java) has arisen to help build a new Bristol based development team for a hugely successful international eCommerce business with international offices. As Technical Lead, this is a great chance to help architect new solutions, recruit and lead a passionate techie team within a highly dynamic environment. If you're a Lead Developer or Development Manager looking to take your career to the next level, then this is definitely the one for you!
What experience you’ll need
- You’ll need a strong background in Java development experience and ideally some of the following which they have currently have within their tech stack; Groovy, Python, MySQL, MongoDB, Redis, Jenkins, Linux, SmartOS, AWS, Ansible, Fabric etc.
- You’ll be able to work with both relational and NoSQL databases and will have strong knowledge of software and web development best practices and principles.
- Experience in recruiting and leading/mentoring other developers/engineers is crucial as the expanding team will be grown around you.
- They have a well-structured Agile set-up in place (with TDD, pair programming) so it’s important you’ll have worked within a similar environment.
What you’ll be doing
Your core responsibility will be providing direction for the design, implementation and delivery of all software features. Reviewing development and testing processes will be your responsibility, as you’ll be helping the team through mentoring and training where needed. You’ll be an integral part of the business’ architectural sessions, looking to improve the quality and stability of all internal systems. You will be the first line of contact when collaborating with the other teams on large projects, helping to estimating complexity and costs. If you’re keen to stay hands-on and close to the action with emerging open-source tech then this role should appeal as researching, evaluating and selecting technologies could encompass up to 30% of your working week.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
This is the perfect opportunity for someone looking to move into a larger managerial position with real ownership and autonomy with a long-term path to CTO level. You’ll be part of a highly respected and successful household name, helping them to grow even further into the future using the latest tech. There’s a generous salary on offer (£65-80K) with other great bens (company pension, 25 days holiday, fully stocked kitchen with an array of food and drinks, 20% staff discount and potential flexible working options). They also hold fortnightly hacks, contribute to open source communities, training budgets and LAN parties across their dev teams making them an employer of choice for passionate software engineers.
Like the sound of this one? Send in your CV NOW to Hannah (01179269530) for immediate considerationBack to jobs