Senior Java Developer
— Learn Angular, exciting digital projects
- Brand new digital hub – rapidly expanding teams.
- Learn AngularJS.
- Lots of opportunity for future career progression as the digital hub continues expansion.
One of the UK's most recognisable names are looking for Lead Java Engineers, based in their new digital studio. There’s currently around 40 staff on site, nearly all developers, but they are ideally looking to get to triple that number. This new centre is poised to be the ‘next big thing’ in Bristol and now is the perfect time to join the team to help guide the growth to come.
What skills you’ll be needing
- You’ll need strong, proven skills with Java & J2EE and you’ll have worked in an Agile environment.
- You’ll have a knowledge of SOAP & REST, Microservices and SPA architecture.
- You’ll need an understanding of UX design principles and exposure to a variety of code management and deployment tools (JIRA, Git, TeamCity, Artefactory, etc.).
- As a Lead, you’ll need experience of mentoring or training junior staff and the ability to help them grow their skills, as well as keeping everyone on track on a day to day basis.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be providing a technical lead to projects within the Java team, focusing on back-end solution design, documentation and development. You will be helping with training and mentoring of the more junior developers, as well as handling reporting to senior management and potentially clients when necessary. As part of your training/mentoring, you will be responsible for organising and managing code reviews and ensuring quality levels remain consistent. The environment is highly collaborative and so there’s a focus on making sure that any lessons learnt by your team are shared amongst all the development staff and that will be one of your roles. You’ll also be developing front-end code in support of any digital project you are currently working on.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
This team is going to grow substantially over the year and beyond and are really the ‘next big thing’ in Bristol and this is your chance to get in at the start. There will be plenty of opportunities for personal development, future progression and a highly competitive salary (£34-49K + bonus + bens). As mentioned, there’s a friendly and collaborative culture, with an emphasis on happy staff, this includes a fantastic benefits pot where you can tailor your own package. There’s team nights out, wellness days, games and of course, the all-important fully stocked beer/wine fridge! The company will look to sponsor and host events, talks and meetups that you’ll get to be part of. This new digital team will be kept away from any legacy work and will be focussed on exciting new, greenfield projects so you’ll never have a dull day!
Sound great? Send in your CV NOW to Jack or call in for a chat (01179269530).Back to jobs