Hybrid Mobile App Developer
— React Native, web & app development
- Excellent working environment. Friendly & sociable in brand new offices.
- Ability to learn new skills (React Native / Mobile development).
- Open to skilled developers or juniors with a willingness to learn.
A skilled developer is needed to join an extremely talented team based in central Bristol, working on both front-end web and mobile app development. This is an interesting hybrid role, working with some great tech like React Native. As part of a department that’s 40+ strong, you’ll have plenty of opportunity to learn from others in an environment that’s friendly and relaxed. The business believes in constantly trying to improve the tech they work with and introducing new best practice so you’ll never end up feeling like you’re lagging behind and will have the chance to be actively involved in suggesting what cool new thing is next!
What experience you’ll need
- You’ll need proven experience with front-end web and mobile app development.
- Mobile experience is crucial, ideally having used React Native but the tech you’ve worked with before can be flexible. Apache Cordova experience would be highly beneficial.
- You will need to have worked in Agile development environments before and any experience in a Waterfall environment as well will be beneficial.
- Knowledge of unit and functional testing will be important, as well as the ability to communicate clearly with non-technical staff in the business and stakeholders.
What you’ll be doing
Your key responsibilities will be delivering changes and improvements to the business’ websites and mobile apps. You’ll be developing your skills with React Native as well as other core tech. You will have to ensure that all code is reviewed, as well as creating unit and functional tests. Making sure that all changes and improvements work on all web browsers and devices will be crucial. You’ll be keeping all your worked tracked in JIRA and will be working closely with the test team. Working with product owners and testers, you’ll be helping map out upcoming projects and providing time estimates. As the company is really big on their developers improving their skills and learning new tech, it’ll be an important part of the position to keep up to date with industry developments.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
You’ll be part of great team in a fantastic environment. Nice modern offices with break out areas, including a pool table and plenty of space to spread out and relax. The team and department are both sociable and out-going with evenings out together, pub trips and meals on top. It’s a competitive environment socially and there’s a lot of fun playing games against each other. You’ll be given a generous salary along with a list of benefits and the ability to grow within the business. A huge bonus is the business' interest in developing their staff and promoting from within. If there’s the chance to help the company but also provide you with new skills and opportunities, they’ll jump at the chance.
Like the sound of this one? Send in your CV NOW to Jack (01179269530) for immediate consideration.Back to jobs