Senior PHP Engineer
— R&D personal projects, flexi time / some remote
- Constant focus on learning and introducing new tech and skills.
- Plenty of R&D time, as well as the ability to work on personal projects.
- Opportunities for flexible time and some remote working.
A cutting edge analytics business, based in central Bristol, is looking for an experienced PHP Engineer as part of their current growth stage. Already working with some of the global economy’s biggest names in technology, consultancy and financial services, this is the chance to work on something truly ground-breaking. It’s a great atmosphere for all their technical staff, supporting training and events whenever they can. A highly collaborative environment, the team are always looking to stay at the cutting edge and want to provide an atmosphere of continuous evolution in the company.
What experience you’ll need
- You’ll have a strong amount of commercial experience with PHP. Any knowledge of frameworks (Symfony / Laravel) will be highly beneficial.
- Ideally you’ll have a software background working within a SaaS business.
- Any experience with AWS, Docker, Drupal or D3 will be an added bonus.
- Working with profiling tools and tracking tools (JIRA) will be important.
- You will be interacting with clients so any previous client-facing experience is great.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be responsible for developing and constantly improving the unique and world-class analytics platform. You’ll be working within an initial development team of 7, with a view to continue growing in the near future. You’ll be leading projects on specific parts of the platform and systems when needed and you’ll be working with clients to identify potential improvements. It’s an Agile based development environment you’ll be working in, that feels much closer to a start-up than a large corporate. There will be plenty of R&D time as you research new technologies, methods and try out new ideas to suggest to the team.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
You’ll be based in nice central Bristol offices, with one of the most talented and skilled teams in the area. The business is at the real forefront of what they do and so you’ll never have a boring day. You’ll get to interact with clients working for huge multinational corporations. This is a business that’s always looking to be cutting edge in what they do so on top of the work related R&D time you’ll have, you’ll also be allotted time for personal projects. There are flexible hours on offer with the chance for some remote working as well. This is only the initial growth stage of the business so there will be plenty of opportunity to grow with the company.
If this position is ticking all the boxes then get in touch now with Jack to find out more.Back to jobs