You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
Statistical Software Engineer
— Learn R, flexi time / remote
- Learn new tech, with support given to attend events and training courses.
- You’ll be the R stats package expert, crucial in the current growth stages.
- Opportunities for flexible time and some remote working.
A highly successful analytics business with impressive growth plans, based in central Bristol, is looking for a junior or mid-weight Software Engineer that’s either experienced with R or willing to learn. Their platform is already being used by some of the biggest names in technology, consultancy and financial services. They look to support training and events whenever they can, with plenty of chances to progress as the business grows.
What experience you’ll need
- You’ll need to have at least some commercial programming experience, with skills across one or more languages like JS or PHP.
- Any previous experience with the R statistical package is a huge benefit.
- You’ll need a strong working knowledge of statistics, whether through commercial experience or academia.
- Any experience with AWS, Docker, Drupal or D3 will be an added bonus, as well as working with profiling and tracking tools (JIRA).
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be an important part of the development team, helping to expand the capability with R statistical package. You will be joining a team of 7 and will be primarily focussed on the stats and figures behind the platform. The business is based around statistical analytics at its heart so you’ll be identifying ways in which the platform and systems can be improved. You will be learning other new tech skills and will be involved in the R&D time, as well as having time for personal projects for you to introduce new ideas to the team.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
You’ll be based in nice central Bristol offices, with one of the most talented and skilled teams in the area. The business is at the real forefront of what they do and so you’ll never have a boring day. You’ll get to interact with clients working for huge multinational corporations. This is a business that’s always looking to be cutting edge in what they do so on top of the work related R&D time you’ll have, you’ll also be allotted time for personal projects. There are flexible hours on offer with the chance for some remote working as well. This is only the initial growth stage of the business so there will be plenty of opportunity to grow with the company.
If this position is ticking all the boxes then get in touch now with Jack to find out more.Back to jobs
This job has now been filled but you may be interested in: