Front-End Developer (Shopify)
— eCommerce Consultancy disrupting the digital scene
Salary: £20K - £35K
- Ambitious and growing company, with plenty of scope for career development.
- Work with in-house and external luxury brands.
- Mix of start-up and established partners.
This eCommerce consultancy is disrupting the digital scene in Bristol with a unique way of partnering with brands. They’ve built long lasting relationships with a diverse range of lifestyle brands which aims to support end-to-end eCommerce strategy, continuously driving long-term revenue and maintaining brand equity due to their “paid on performance” model. They are very adaptable as a business and can work with existing platforms as well as developing bespoke solutions. As a team of 4, they have scope to grow to c15 people this year and are now looking for a Front-End Developer with Shopify experience as part of this growth.
What experience you’ll need
- Good understanding of the Shopify CMS and ideally commercial experience. Any other CMS knowledge would be handy.
- Strong eye for UX; knowledge of design software such as Photoshop, Sketch & InVision.
- Significant awareness of A/B testing, domain management and conversion rate optimisation (CRO).
- Lots of large projects to start immediately, so a self-starting & intuitive attitude is needed. Not so much of a customer-facing role but you must be able to understand & translate requirements effectively.
What you’ll be doing
Joining as the Sole Developer and reporting into the Operations Director, your primary focus will be on building & maintaining Shopify websites across multiple brands. You will work closely with the rest of the team to ensure the brief is fully understood and achievable within budget, before choosing a suitable Shopify theme to meet the brand’s needs. You will take responsibility for customisations, meeting UX best practices and ensuring that you meet the highest level of QA standard possible with “mobile first” in mind. You will also involve yourself with cross-browser testing & optimisation before submitting your work for internal/external approval. There are a lot of large projects due to kick off (a lot of them with US brands) and as the sole developer you will need to be self-starting.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
As well as a generous salary (up to £35K), there is a discretionary bonus based on company performance, flexible working and plenty of discounts across the various luxury brands that the business work with. The team go on regular socials & evenings/days out (most recently a local pub quiz) and have really modern offices right in the heart of Bristol. There’s on-site parking, bike storage for Cyclists and a healthy pension scheme as well. The team’s business plan and way of working with their partners is very unique, so it’s an excellent environment to develop and grow your skillset.
Sound like this is the role for you? Get in touch on 01179 269 530 or drop Joe a message to find out more.Back to jobs