Test Engineer (C#.Net, SQL)
— Award-winning products
Salary: £24K - £32K
- Fast growth mobile business.
- Excellent working environment – social, collaborative, easy-going.
- Diverse range of products utilising modern technologies.
One of the fastest growing mobile marketing companies in the UK is looking for a Software Test Engineer to join them in Bristol. With a team of over 100 and scope for further expansion, they have received numerous awards for its pioneering work in the incentive & performance marketing arena, including Best App by the Times & Apple. You’ll be joining a fantastic team, working on new & exciting features for the company’s core platform. Please note that the wider salary range is due to the business considering applicants at different levels of seniority.
What skills you’ll need
- Proven experience in testing software & web applications.
- Knowledge of testing C#.Net based web applications and exposure to MS Visual Studio.
- Significant understanding of the development & testing life cycles.
- Cross-platform testing experience (Web, Mobile & Tablet).
- Any understanding of HTML, XML and SQL query building would be beneficial.
- Previous background in a non-functional testing role (performance, resilience etc.) would be handy as well.
- Understanding of Agile (Scrum/Waterfall) methodologies.
- Any exposure to automated testing would be beneficial though not essential.
What you’ll be doing
Joining a friendly & innovative QA team and reporting into the QA Lead, you’ll take responsibility for testing large scale enterprise hosted systems. You will be assuring quality across the company’s range of products, taking into account things like stability, scalability, performance and usability at all times. Collaboration is key and you’ll be liaising closely with the development team, developing test cases & scripts for System & User Acceptance tests. As a modern & progressive organisation you will also play an integral part in keeping up to date with, and suggesting new and effective testing approaches and tools to bring into the company.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
You’ll be joining a fast growth business who have won awards from the Times, Telegraph and Apple for their innovative work. The company is revolutionising the gifting market and this is a genuinely exciting time to join. They offer a very social, informal & collaborative working environment, filled with hardworking and supportive staff in an office right on Bristol’s iconic harbour side. The business also offer 25 days holiday which increases to 30 days with length of service, a workplace pension scheme, free snacks & breakfasts, and even an early finish on a Friday!
Sound like the right role for you? Send your CV to Joe or give us a call to have a chat.Back to jobs