Technology Consultant (Hands Off)
— Innovation Sector
- Unique opportunity to broaden your knowledge across the technology and innovation landscape.
- Consult with CTOs and Business Leaders on their use of various technologies, frameworks and processes.
- Join one of Bristol fastest-growing independent businesses with a fantastic company culture.
What you'll be doing
It's likely you haven't specifically been seeking out a role like this, but hopefully this will be a pleasant surprise. This business helps innovative companies ensure that they're making the most of their approach to R&D, their use of technology and commitment to innovation. Your role will be to sit with CTOs and business leaders to get under the skin of their current tech set up - what their tech stack looks like, what processes they use, what problems they're facing, how they're overcoming these in an innovative way. You'll use that insight to feed in to the wider offering and ensure that your clients are getting the most that they can from your service. To do this effectively, you'll have a hands on technical background and held leadership roles in a forward thinking development teams so that you can consult with your clients as peers. This role will give you unrivalled exposure to innovative approaches across the technology landscape and the chance to gain expert-level knowledge across a huge range of technology trends. A very large portion of your client base will be in 'digital technology' - SaaS, software, website & app development.
What experience you'll need
- A hands-on background as a developer who has risen through the ranks to a senior role (CTO, Tech Director, Development Lead, Head of Tech, Tech Director, Architectural - even Senior Developer / Development Manager).
- You'll ideally have built up experience in an agency / software house environment, a start-up environment and a more 'traditional' business environment (SME or corporate) - to reflect your client base.
- The biggest thing is that you're drawn to the opportunity that a role like this represents - it may not have been something you've been seeking out, but you'll be very intrigued by where this could take your career and comfortable moving in to a hands-off, consultative, strategic oversight role.
- Very strong communication, rapport building and consultative skills, with experience of managing senior stakeholders.
What you'll get in return for your talents
From a salary perspective, we are looking to be lead entirely by the market. You'll have risen through the ranks in a dev team, and your salary expectations will reflect this. On top of salary, we've got a whole host of market leading benefits in addition.
Please get in touch with Gabby with a CV today for a confidential discussion around the full details.Back to jobs