Cloud/DevOps Engineer (AWS)
— 6mth contract
- 6mth contract, onsite only.
- AWS/Cloud tech stack, new tech to learn.
- Friendly progressive team, great projects.
One of the UK’s most innovative technical businesses are looking for a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer / DevOps specialist to join their new Bristol office for 6 months (minimum). As they look to double the size of the business over the next 3 years, this is a unique opportunity to be part of a small team of onsite specialists within an exciting and innovative division.
What skills you’ll be needing
- Considerable experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and some of the associated tech.
- Any experience of the following which matches their tech stack would be great; VPC Management, Subnet Routing, Route 53, EC2, ELB configuration, cloud formation, ACLs, Security Groups, cloud watch etc.
- Strong Windows or Linux systems administration with scripting skills (e.g. Powershell)
- Configuration Management of AWS environments using Ansible; design and implementation, continuous integration.
- Maintenance, monitoring and scaling web based platforms.
- Pro-active in learning new skills, particularly with reference to security, containerisation, serverless, microservices and CI.
What you’ll be doing
Your duties will cover developing, maintaining and automating the build of AWS components and operating systems. Liaising with architects, software engineers and DBA’s you’ll be implementing new requirements, features and changes. A key part of the role will be integrating monitoring solutions and responding to issues and alerts as they come up, ensuring that systems are secure and patched. They need someone who can manage their time effectively, hit deadlines and work collaboratively with others coming up with new ideas, process improvements and adopting new tech quickly.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
An incredible opportunity to work for a global giant offering an interesting array of project chalenges alongside some of the regions best engineers. There's a strong chance of extension/repeat work and a smart, informal but motivated environment to work within.
Like the sound of this one and keen to hear more? Send in your CV now for immediate consideration to Mike (01179269530)Back to jobs