— Innovative leaders in their specified field
- World leading product business, opportunity to own shares in their success.
- Friendly team, great office space and central location.
- Opportunity to lead a small team whilst still being very hands-on with coding.
A Technical Lead is needed to join a truly incredible Bristol success story that develops high quality time-lapse solutions with their amazing proprietary software. As a world leader in their field they’ve got some seriously impressive products that you can get involved in with coding, leading and liaising with stakeholders. Could this be a role that suits you and where you see yourself next?
What skills you'll need
- Extensive and hands-on development experience.
- Technical leadership skills, with the ability to upskill other developers.
- Strong PHP development skills, ideally with MVC frameworks such as CodeIgniter or Laravel.
- Confidence and ability to lead a small team.
- Ability to meet and discuss projects with stakeholders.
- Familiarity and experience using AWS.
- Good understanding of REST API design and implementation.
- Familiarity with issue management tools, such as JIRA.
- Strong understanding of good security practices.
- A bonus if you have Agile experience
- Experience using CI/CD tools, but not essential.
What you'll be doing
You’ll be splitting your responsibilities into roughly 60% coding, 20% leading and 20% stakeholder/client management. You’ll be very hands-on mostly using React and PHP on the development of their platform and unique software but also lead a small team. You’ll have a good understanding of GDPR and ensure technical compliance for specific clients, best practice for all works and standards compliance. You’ll also be carrying out monthly 1:1 meetings with your team ensuring they have all the necessary support and training to allow them to fulfil their potential. The ability to interact with clients delivering technical information to sometimes non-technical people is essential.
What you'll get in return for your talents
As well as a starting salary of up to £55K DOE, you can also look forward to 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, company profit share after 12 months service, life insurance, weekly fruit delivery, early finish on a Friday, central Bristol location. This really is a great opportunity for someone to take that step up to leading a team and interacting with clients, bringing much more to a role than just the coding and technical ability.
If you're ready to join a truly amazing company and take on this level of responsibility, then please send your CV to Tareek now (01179269530).
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
jobsSearch all jobs
— PHP, Exciting ProjectsLocation:BristolSalary:£22K-£26K
— Work remotely 3 or 4 days a weekLocation:Remote - 3 or 4 days a weekSalary:£65K - £80K
— AI software for self-driving vehiclesLocation:Bristol or CambridgeSalary:Flexible on experience