Chief Technology Officer
— Highly innovative, fast-growth software house
- Brand new role for the business following a highly successful funding round.
- Focus on R&D and disrupting technical innovation.
- Ambitious growth plans that you'll be helping shape moving forward.
A highly ambitious tech start-up based in Bristol has just secured a large round of investment and will be using this to facilitate their exciting next stages of accelerated growth. One of the key hires for the business moving forward will be a Chief Technology Officer. Currently the team based in Bristol is around 20, 15 of those being in the Engineering team. You’ll be taking over responsibility for the present technical staff but crucially, you’ll be managing the further technical expansion within the company and helping to move the business from energetic start-up to one of the best known names in the industry. There’s a real focus on working with cutting edge technology, creating one of the best development environments possible and utilising these to attract the kind of talent that makes them something special.
What experience you’ll need
- You will have been part of an executive management team at a high-tech start-up/SME sized around 20-80 people as CTO/ Head of Technology or similar, ideally whilst it was going through rapid growth.
- You’ll have hiring experience and be able to develop company/team structure as the staff numbers grow.
- Experience of board level meetings and key communication with both clients and investors is important.
- You’ll have previously worked with an HR function to establish new practices.
- Ideally you’ll come from a development background and importantly you will need a strong understanding of current technologies and best practice.
- You will have experience of road mapping company expansion, helping to establish company vision and you’ll be capable of ensuring a high level of technological innovation.
- You’ll be able to handle processes from technical project scoping through to working with the sales team.
What you’ll be doing
As you’d expect with any fast growing start-up, you’ll enjoy a wide variety of responsibilities. This is a new role within the business though and so ultimately the opportunity to shape it in your image. You’ll be working most closely with the COO as part of the executive management team, with a number of technical leads reporting directly into you. You’ll be helping to decide and map out the strategic direction of the business, as well as working on the ground level to help organise and structure the technical staff. Your direct line management responsibilities will include recruitment, appraisals, training, resource management and you’ll be supported by a new HR function. You’ll provide direction and decision making on what technologies to use, the architecture of the platforms and best technical practices. You’ll be expected to take a keen interest in industry trends and new technologies and help incorporate them into the business moving forward to make sure it remains as an environment of innovation.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
You’ll receive a highly competitive salary (up to £110K), with a negotiable benefits package. More importantly however, this is the chance to shape a new position for the company and help guide an already industry leading business into being something truly special. You’ll have a large amount of autonomy and as the size of the company grows, so will both your responsibilities and possibilities. This is already a business that really focusses on staying cutting edge and you’ll be helping to experiment with new technology and methodology and will be creating an environment that will attract the best talent in the local area and beyond. The business is financially stable and already well-established with the investment behind it to grow exponentially; they just need you to help them do that!
Heard enough? Send in your CV now for immediate consideration or call in to chat with Jack (01179269530) to find out more.Back to jobs