- Brand new digital hub with great new offices.
- Working on exciting greenfield development projects.
- Central Bristol location.
Contract Java Engineers needed for a well-known company’s brand new digital studio based in central Bristol (5 minute walk from Temple Meads). You’ll be working on a number of exciting new projects & will have the chance to be a part of the company’s digital transformation.
What skills you'll be needing
- You’ll need strong, proven skills with Java & J2EE as well as Spring/Hibernate and Maven/TeamCity.
- It’s expected that you would have worked in a genuinely Agile environment.
- You’ll have good knowledge of SOAP & REST, Microservices and SPA architecture.
- You’ll need to have had exposure to a variety of code management and deployment tools such as JIRA, Git, TeamCity, Artefactory, etc.
What you'll be doing
You’ll be working on projects within the Java team, focusing on back-end solution design, documentation and development. You’ll be ensuring any code meets coding standards and that new code is clean and re-usable. The environment is very collaborative so it’s expected that you will be happy to assist the wider teams in technical issues. You’ll be working closely with the front-end development teams so knowledge and experience in this area is essential.
What you'll get in return for your talents
This team is going to grow substantially over the year and beyond and are really the ‘next big thing’ in Bristol and this is your chance to get in at the start. You’ll be working in a very friendly and collaborative culture, where they really focus on keeping their staff happy. There’s team nights out, wellness days, games and of course, the all-important fully stocked beer/wine fridge! The company will look to sponsor and host events, talks and meetups that you’ll get to be part of. This new digital team will be kept away from any legacy work and will be focussed on exciting new, greenfield projects so you’ll never have a dull day!
Sound great? Send in your CV NOW to Hannah or call in for a chat (01179269530).Back to jobs