Senior Software Engineer
— Unique role with brand new tech hub
Salary: £45K - £75K
- Elasticsearch, Machine Learning & Natural Language processing
- Brand new global tech hub with new offices in a central location
- A fantastic brand with an excellent culture
Senior Software Engineer with experience in intelligent information retrieval needed for a growing online business’ brand new global hub in central Bristol (5 minute walk from Temple Meads).
What skills you'll be needing
- You’ll be experienced with at least one of these languages; Ruby, Python or Java.
- It’s expected that you would have had a good deal of experience with Information Retrieval using Elasticsearch, Lucene or Solr.
- You’ll be comfortable working across infrastructure, user experience and data analysis as well as working with a distributed team.
- Any experience with Machine Learning or Natural Language Processing would be highly beneficial.
What you'll be doing
Your mission will be to improve the subscribers search experience in more than 15 languages. Using Ruby on Rails and Elasticsearch you’ll be designing, coding and delivering inventive search experiences, as well as using data analysis to evaluate those experiences. You’ll also be responsible for Natural Language processing and investigating and resolving any inefficiencies. Being able to write clean, maintainable code which in turn can be optimised for a faster response is essential.
What you'll get in return for your talents
The team have big plans for the new (and very cool) Bristol office and plan to grow substantially over the next year, so there will be plenty of opportunities for professional development. They are offering fantastic base salaries of £45,000 - £75,000 + a great benefits package and are happy to facilitate people who want to relocate. You’ll be working alongside a team of well-respected and hardworking colleagues as well as with bleeding edge technology stack. Importantly you’ll be working for a brand that people genuinely love due to their fantastic work ethics and beliefs – people really want to work there!
Want to know more? Send your CV now to Hannah B (01179269530).Back to jobs