Software Engineer (Polyglot)
— Hugely popular company
Salary: £40K - £60K
- Fantastic working environment in a central Bristol location.
- Multi-language environment.
- Professional development & training opportunities.
Senior Software Developer with the ability to code in multiple languages needed to join a growing tech team in a dynamic and ethical company based in central Bristol.
What skills you'll be needing
- The main languages you'll be needing are Java, Python & Go (2 out of 3 is fine!). You’ll also have to be willing to expand your knowledge in new technologies.
- It’s expected that you will have a strong knowledge in relational databases including SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle or Postgres.
- Ideally you will have had experience with multiple data sources and some exposure to Kafka.
- The ability to self-motivate is essential. This is a very autonomous role so you’ll thrive in being able to make your own decisions and manage your own work load.
- The ability to automate and write clean code is crucial in this role.
- It would be highly beneficial if you actively contribute to the development community and have a personal portfolio with GitHub, Bickbucket etc.
What you'll be doing
You’ll be joining an agile team of high performing developers, building and scaling solutions that will allow the business to operate as efficiently as possible. Automation is key in this role and it will be up to you to ensure that all routine tasks can be automated in a way that is highly beneficial to the company. You’ll be involved in the full development lifecycle from concept to deployment so you’ll have to be confident in taking full ownership of the end-to-end delivery process. As always, continuous improvement is highly important and you’ll be expected to take part and encourage debates and collaboration to ensure innovation and creativity is used throughout the team.
What you'll get in return for your talents
Where do we even start? They offer a range of benefits including flexible working, free breakfast, fruit & drinks, a minimum of 12% bonus, a 4% flexible benefit scheme (including phones, laptops, TVs and bikes) and a great pension. Importantly the working environment they have created is second to none. The offices themselves are fantastic and you’ll also be working with some great people who value the company and what they believe in. This company has achieved and is continuing to achieve some great things.
Want to be a part of this amazing company? Then send in your CV to Mike (01179269530).