Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
— AWS/Cloud, Docker, Apache
- Progressive Cloud/AWS environment.
- Own projects, set-up and select tech.
- Fast-growing, ethical software house.
Fantastic opportunity to join a fast-growing software house maintaining and developing their cloud based infrastructure set-up and taking a lead role in delivering releases of their innovative product. Based in central Bristol within a passionate team of ambitious techies, you’ll be working daily with the latest tech in a down-to-earth environment contributing to the continued success of a seriously impressive and highly ethical product suite.
What skills you’ll be needing
- AWS (Amazon Web Services).
- Ideally they’d like you to have at least one of; AWS EC2, ElasticBeanstalk, RDS (Aurora), S3, EC2 ContainerService and Redis.
- You’ll be clued up on security and have a decent knowledge of server environment and web application security as well as application performance monitoring.
- Other tech that you can expect to pick up within the role will include; AWS CloudFront, DynamoDB, SQS, CircleCI, Drupal (Drush), Nginx, AWS Data Pipeline, ObjectiveFS, Windows server (3CX) and AWS ElastiCache. Plenty to get your teeth into!
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be responsible for the company’s cloud based server set-up working heavily with both AWS and LAMP technology stacks. Working closely with the development team as they continue to improve the award-winning software and new app, you’ll be given the autonomy to evaluate and select the best fit for purpose tech to ensure high availability of the infrastructure. You’ll own software updates and releases, install and configure systems and software as well as monitoring hardware usage, raising issues and finding solutions based on your excellent problem solving abilities. As with any server management position, there is an element of remote out of hours support when required. This is a great chance to deepen your cloud infrastructure skills within a fast-growing software house with real ambition and investment, creating solutions that genuinely improve people’s lives.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
You’ll receive a competitive salary (£35-50K) with the opportunity for career progression as the company continues to grow as well as benefit from working in a centrally located, relaxed, open plan office environment with great people. There’ll be a good deal of autonomy and opportunity for you to set and improve processes, evaluate and recommend tech as the expert in your field. You’ll be fuelled by unlimited snacks, soft drinks and freshly ground coffee to see you through the working day in a cycle friendly office with shower and changing facilities. There’s also a good company pension and plenty of socials/trips to look forward to.
Up for the challenge? Send in your CV NOW for immediate consideration or call in to chat to Mike (01179269530)Back to jobs