Jnr DevOps Engineer
— learn Azure, CI, Automation
- Move into a full DevOps Engineer role.
- Amazing career progression and development.
- Learn automation, Azure, CI, Web hosting and more.
Rare opportunity to get the training and support you need to be a formidable DevOps Engineer with one of the South-West’s largest and most successful digital businesses at their beautifully designed central Bristol studio.
What skills you’ll be needing
- Good experience of supporting Windows infrastructure.
- Solid network support experience (firewalls, switching etc).
- Advanced knowledge of DNS in the application of web hosting.
- Experience of web hosting solutions such as IIS, Apache, Nginx etc.
- Understanding of Database technologies (SQL, MySQL).
- Awareness/understanding of Source Control, Continuous Integrations, scripting and automation.
- Self-motivated and approachable attitude able to prioritise workload and communicate well internally and externally.
What you’ll be doing
Core duties for this one will include helping the DevOps team with the support and provisioning of client hosting data environments, working with key internal teams to ensure digital solutions are delivered seamlessly across all clients and markets. You’ll be working as a team to set up, monitor and scale environments to meet business requirements learning automation and cloud hosting skills as you go. It will be your responsibility to diagnose technical issues, fault find and report to 3rd party providers ensuring the security of the hosting environments from all relevant threats. It’s important that you create and maintain technical documentation of technical systems, actively improving them by studying new technologies and procedures and designing modifications.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
This is a great stepping stone into a full DevOps Engineer role with one of the biggest digital businesses in the UK. With offices and partners across the world there could be opportunities for international secondments, the chance to run your own projects and take advantage of training (they’ll pay for MS Azure courses for you) and tech events. What’s more there’s a great bens package to include private health, pension, long Christmas shut-down, regular socials, fruit, coffee, beers, tuck shop and much more.
If this position is ticking all the boxes then get in touch now with Mike to find out more (01179269530)Back to jobs