Senior Site Reliability Engineer
— Build high performance systems
Salary: £42K - £75K
- Linux based AWS environment.
- Brand new global tech hub with new offices in a central location.
- A fantastic brand with an excellent culture.
Senior Site Reliability Engineer with experience on building high performance systems with AWS software needed for a growing online business’ brand new global hub in central Bristol (5 minute walk from Temple Meads).
What skills you'll be needing
- You’ll have experience working within a similar DevOps role, building a highly available and scalable service infrastructure, ideally in a Linux based AWS environment.
- The development team mainly use Ruby on Rails, so experience working with this language is essential. If you have coded in shell script, Go or Python that is also a huge bonus.
- t’s expected that you will have a great understanding of TCP/IP (OSI) and other network architectures.
- You’ll be at ease with configuration management tools such as Chef and Puppet.
- Contributions to open source is a big plus!
What you'll be doing
As a Senior Site Reliability Engineer you will be working as a mixture between a system and a software engineer, responsible for the operation, reliability, automation and scalability of their large service infrastructure. You’ll be building high performance and highly available systems that allow engineers to operate and scale the very successful sharing community. Working closely with engineers you will be an advocate for scalable systems and will be comfortable in not only diagnosing and resolving issues, but also be able to take preventative measures so that the same issues don’t arise again. They are looking for someone who is methodical, calm and can make sensible decisions under pressure which will in turn provide stability and availability to the service.
What you'll get in return for your talents
The team have big plans for the new (and very cool) Bristol office and plan to grow substantially over the next year, so there will be plenty of opportunities for professional development. They are offering fantastic base salaries of £42,000 - £75,000 + a great benefits package and are happy to facilitate people who want to relocate. You’ll be working alongside a team of well-respected and hardworking colleagues as well as with bleeding edge technology stack. Importantly you’ll be working for a brand that people genuinely love due to their fantastic work ethics and beliefs – people really want to work there!
If this ticks a lot of boxes then send your CV NOW to Hannah B (01179269530)Back to jobs