1st Line Application Support Analyst
— Leading SaaS solutions provider
Salary: £18K - £22K
- Not-for-profit business who invest money back into the business.
- Excellent scope for progression & internal training.
- Central location – right next to the iconic Bristol Harbour buzz!
I’m helping a not-for-profit software solutions provider in Bristol to find a 1st Line Application Support Analyst to join their team. The business provides software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions to a diverse client base which spreads across the public/third sectors and all UK Universities, with over 4 million users Worldwide to date. They currently have 6 in the support team with 2 focusing on 1st line, with scope to progress into whichever role you feel suits you best (some 1st line support people here have gone onto do web development for example). As a not-for-profit company they really focus on the success of their employees, investing a lot of money back into the business in order to offer more opportunity for training & progression.
What skills you’ll need
- Previous experience in a helpdesk or customer-facing role, ideally in a phone-based/ticketing system environment.
- A computing/software related qualification or degree.
- Strong technical understanding of various web applications/browsers, software development, plug-ins or Linux command line.
- Clear & concise communication skills.
- ITIL certificate or an understanding of ITIL principles would be advantageous.
- Drive to learn and progress with a good interest in the technology space.
What you’ll be doing
Joining a motivated team of 6 you will provide expert knowledge & advice to the company’s customer base, primarily centred on integrating with their online support portal’s products & services. You will be the first point of contact for all customers and partners, supporting them with a variety of issues ranging from troubleshooting to new set-ups, escalating to the 2nd line team as and when required. They’ve recently moved into some brand-new offices in Bristol, right next to the iconic harbour side buzz! There are many different avenues that this role could take you and the team will offer support in whichever route you choose to go, whether that be 2nd line support, technical pre-sales, web development or product ownership!
What you’ll get in return for your experience
As well as 27 days holiday (plus bank hols off) and flexible working options, the business offers an incredibly generous 18% contributory pension scheme, a broad range of training opportunities, childcare vouchers, travel loans and a cycle to work scheme! You also have the chance to know that the work you're doing is adding more to society than purely profit to the business!
Want to find out more? Give Ellen a call or send us your CV to find out more!Back to jobs