Helpdesk Support Engineer (AWS, Linux)
— Software House with a great rep
Salary: £24K - £28K
- Fast-growing, successful software house, R&D focus.
- Central office, social team with regular socials.
- Tech conferences, great scope for training and more.
Based in central Bristol (BS1), they produce some seriously smart software, including SAAS, for a variety of businesses - always with the aim to improve performance for their top clients. They’re a fairly young company as they go with 35-40 talented people on-board but they’re in an incredibly strong position due to their fantastic products and loyal client base.
What experience you'll need
- Proven background in a helpdesk role, supporting IT systems, networks & infrastructure.
- Significant understanding of Linux & Windows operating systems. Any knowledge of Linux Command Line would be good as well.
- Excellent knowledge of network topology & configuration (TCP/IP), routing & switches.
- Skilled at troubleshooting & network diagnostics.
- Understanding of AWS and/or BASH/Python scripting is desirable.
- Awareness of the LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) would be really handy.
- Any VOIP telephony knowledge would be beneficial, though not essential.
What you'll be doing
Working in a talented technical services team you will be providing expert IT support across the business. This will involve maintaining their secure access system, implementing single sign-on systems, configuring custom URLs for customers and access to applications for new customers. You will also provide general maintenance & support to internal/external staff, installing computer hardware operating systems and monitoring computer networks as well as offering troubleshooting for system & network faults.
What you'll get in return for your talents
In return for your skills and hard work, you’ll be rewarded with a starting salary of up to £28K, a great package plus fantastic long term prospects as they have really big plans for the future. They have a fantastic working environment with a smart central office and a strong focus on learning and development including the opportunity to pursue courses, certification and tech conferences. You’ll get to be involved with regular Friday beers, table football and socials, so this really is a brilliant, friendly and hardworking team to be a part of - they are really proud of what they produce, always sharing skills and ideas and constantly striving to produce their best software solutions yet.
Sound like the role for you? Get in touch with Joe or call us on 01179 269 530.Back to jobs