— Client facing, excellent progression
- Work with one of the South West’s most progressive and reputable software houses.
- Excellent opportunities to learn new skills and for future progression.
- Sociable office with a friendly atmosphere and a real emphasis on staff happiness.
One of Bristol’s most reputable software houses are looking for an Infrastructure Technician to join their ever-expanding team as they go through the initial stages of an ambitious scale-up. This is a client facing role, however you’ll be working closely with the rest of the business and will have the opportunity to learn about new technologies and develop your professional skills. They pride themselves on their wonderful work environment, seeking to ensure that every day in work is an enjoyable one!
What skills you’ll need
- You’ll have professional experience within a client-facing IT support role.
- This includes experience discussing complex technical issues with customers that may have low levels of computer literacy.
- You’ll be familiar working in a LAMP stack environment.
- Demonstrable programming experience with a scripting language.
- Confidence working with both Microsoft and Linux operating systems.
- Any knowledge of Apache and/or MySQL would be beneficial.
- Further experience with general networking, routing, firewalls or virtualisation technologies.
What you’ll be doing?
You will be providing trusted technical support to all of the business’ clients, whilst also working internally to maintain infrastructure, servers, software, networking equipment and firewalls. You will be first line support, diagnosing and either fixing or escalating issues. You will also be supporting the scoping and creation of project technical specifications and helping to create user guidance documentation. You will occasionally be undertaking small development projects as and when are necessary.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
You’ll be working in a smart, collaborative and social working environment; everyone gets involved in all sorts of tech events, hackathons & LAN parties so you can too! On top of that you’ll really get treated as a grown up with a strong level of personal responsibility and autonomy. You’ll be working across a wide range of exciting projects and clients; no two weeks will be the same! There’s excellent progression, training and opportunities for those looking to really stretch themselves further their careers.
Like the sound of this one? Send in your CV now or get in touch with Jack for more information.Back to jobs