Head Of Development
— Top Digital Agency, Huge Clients, PHP
- Thriving Digital Agency, boosted by a recent acquisition.
- Diverse projects, major international clients, progressive team.
- Opportunity to drive tech strategy and innovation.
Head of Development required to join one of Bristol’s most successful digital agencies (leading 6-8 developers) as they continue to grow at pace. Having just merged with another business they’re now extremely well positioned to ramp up and deliver to their impressive international client base. They need someone who is still close to technology and wouldn’t mind stepping in to help get projects over the line as they continue to grow out the team. This is a great chance to put down your marker within an agile, ambitious and sociable agency who value hard work and innovation highly.
What skills you’ll be needing
- Track record in delivering high value, mission-critical digital projects.
- Experience of scoping and pricing technically innovative projects with budgets between £250k and £1m+.
- Team leadership – including direct and permanent line-management.
- Experience in agency environment.
- Technical expertise: LAMP – Drupal, Magento, Laravel and Symfony), React/Vue or similar, AWS.
What you’ll be doing
This a fantastic opportunity for someone to come in and take full ownership of the technical architecture, technical delivery and quality of client products. You will be providing hands-on technical leadership to a team of developers across Bristol and London, motivating, leading and inspiring. Key duties will also include scoping, advising and implementing Solution Design and Tech Architecture, ensuring best practises in development, testing and processes and working with the Digital Strategy Director to support innovation within the business. They will look for you to build strong relationships with internal & external partners/stakeholders and be heavily involved in strategic planning for future technical roles & working with production teams to ensure enough resource allocation and planning including where necessary, managing contractors etc.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
They’re offering a highly competitive salary (£50-60K), excellent development plan, training budget, access to courses/training and certification. Further benefits will include pension, bonus, generous hols, Christmas shut-down, Friday beers and legendary socials/trips. Above all they’re proud of their collaborative, friendly and innovative set-up and there’s a nice chance here to work within a well-organised agency at the top of their game.
Sound up your street? Send in your CV NOW for immediate consideration to Tareek.