Head of Technology
— EdTech software providers
- Fully remote for now with the option to use their office if preferred.
- Thriving EdTech company with a clear and realistic growth plan.
- Leading teams of QA’s, Dev’s, BA’s and Designers.
I’m helping good friends of ours in the EdTech space find a Head of Technology to manage and energise teams across QA, Development, Design and Business Analytics. Collectively, they produce some seriously smart software using Symfony, React & Vue to name a few and despite being a fairly young company, they’re roughly 40 strong with a clear 8-year growth plan. If you desire being part of a company where you can have a real impact and positive influence on moving forward, then this could be the one for you.
What experience you'll need
- Managing teams of analysts, designers, developers, test automation engineers, and sysops engineers.
- Consulting senior-level stakeholders across the organisation.
- Ability to match the right technology to the functional requirements.
- Assessing the business impact that certain technical choices may have.
- Creating and embedding processes and standards for selection, implementation, and support of systems.
- Providing direction, guidance, and training to staff.
- Continually researching current and emerging technologies and proposing changes where needed or desirable.
- Proactively helping to identify and resolve difficult technical issues.
- Providing Software Architecture guidance to the product teams, assessing in place design and proposing solutions to improve it.
- Overviewing current infrastructure, including AWS Cloud infrastructure, and CI/CD pipelines.
- Facilitating cross-collaboration and knowledge sharing between departments and teams.
- Managing external software service providers.
- Ensuring compliance with company’s ISO27001 processes and policies.
What you'll be doing
To fit into the culture you must be ambitious, dedicated and innovative when it comes to seeking out better ways of creating software, plus you’ll have a true passion for technology and making things work well. You’ll be managing and further developing the teams, both internal and external, that are responsible for developing, testing, releasing, running, and maintaining their growing suite of software applications. As well as establishing policies, processes and procedures that produce high-quality software, you’ll also be driving the overall direction for the organisation's architecture and software development practice. You’ll have your say heard and respected by being given the opportunity every month to work collaboratively with the other heads of the business to jointly deliver against business objectives.
What you'll get in return for your talents
In return for your skills and hard work, you’ll be rewarded with a starting salary of up to £80K, a great package plus fantastic long-term prospects as they have a clear and realistic 8-year growth plan in place. They have a fantastic family-like working environment with a smart central office, an Agile/Scrum approach and a strong focus on learning and development including the opportunity to pursue courses, certification and tech conferences. You'll get to be involved with regular hackathons and regular socials all within a friendly and hardworking team to be a part of. They are really proud of what they produce, always sharing skills and ideas and constantly striving to produce their best software solutions yet. Also, to note, they have a genuine no-blame culture.
Think it’s for you? Get your CV across now to Tareek for more information (email@example.com 01179 269 530).
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— eCommerce Platform SpecialistsLocation:BristolSalary:£25K-£30K
— industry leading IoT productLocation:WorcesterSalary:£50K - £60K
— HealthTech4GoodLocation:BristolSalary:£25K - £35K