Back-End Developer contract
— 3 month contract, possible extension
- Work with DevOps on an AR platform.
- Modern stack: Java 8, Linux, Node, Bash, Docker, AWS, Cucumber, NoSQL.
- Great office space and people, free on-site parking.
An innovative, high tech business in Bristol with 30 people is looking to take on a back-end developer (with DevOps experience) to come in and own the development in that area. It will mainly been maintaining the current systems with the view to build them something new and exciting. You’ll be working with a great team in a great space with some inspiring modern-age entrepreneurs.
What experience you’ll need
- You will have worked with Java 8.
- Considerable industry experience working in various sectors would be ideal.
- Good working knowledge of web services and building RESTful APIs.
- Experience with NoSQL (MongoDB), and SQL (MySQL, PostgreSQL).
- Good OS level understanding for server deployment – Linux, bash, python/Ruby.
- Cloud infra knowledge (preferably AWS).
- Working knowledge of Docker.
- Ideally a good understanding to software testing, bug tracking, event logging, including BDD (e.g. Cucumber).
- CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Bamboo etc.).
- Ability to take ownership of development and hit the ground running.
- Any experience with robots would be a great little bonus to have.
What you’ll be doing
Mainly using some of the latest Java versions you will be working on their current back-end systems with some of the latest and most modern technologies. This will include a variety of DevOps work with Docker and some use of continuous integration and deployment using opensource software such as Jenkins. They have an AR platform with a range of possible web products they wish to integrate and grow, so whilst working on the current platform of which will be more ‘maintenance’ you will have the chance to create something new and exciting. You’ll be bringing your meticulous engineering skills to work closely with the CTO in order to prepare this company for their next exciting journey this year.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
As a contractor you won’t be entitled to all the standard company benefits, but along with your market day rate for 3 months (with the possible extension) you will have the chance to work with one of the South West’s most exciting and upcoming businesses who have signed exclusive agreements with Apple and have an amazing pipeline for 2019. It’s a great office space, lots to get involved with when the work isn’t going on, you can park on-site and reap all the softer benefits of working for this company, such as the team socials, free tea & coffee, and the chance to learn some new skills.
Like the sound of this one? Send in your CV to George or feel free to get in touch on 0117 926 9530 or [email protected]
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
DevOps and Cloud / Web Development & Software Engineering jobsSearch all jobs
— Mulesoft, Mule ESBLocation:BristolSalary:Competitive
— South Wales - High profile productsLocation:South WalesSalary:Up to £425 p/day
— Up to 4 days remote workingLocation:CirencesterSalary:£35K-£45K