Front-End UI Developer (React, React Native)
— Rapid business growth & career progression
- FTSE 250 organisation.
- Modern offices in the heart of Bristol complete with pool tables and ping pong!
- Outstanding team, collaboration, key development & progression opportunities.
A FTSE 250 business with new offices in the heart of Bristol, are looking for a Front-End UI Developer to work in their digital team. There is a team of 7 currently with good scope to grow; they’re going through a large migration and an exciting period of expansion due to recent acquisitions. There are 5 core websites to take responsibility for, along with their own mobile app and various internal systems.
What skills you’ll need
- Proven Front-End development background with a UI/UX finesse.
- Deep understanding of HTML and CSS-in-JS (styled components & pre-compilers).
- Significant knowledge of React or React Native. TypeScript would be a plus.
- Awareness of state management paradigms like Redux/Thunks. React Hooks would also be beneficial.
- Solid experience with various build tools (Webpack, Rollup, Gulp, Storybook).
- Ability to work closely with UX/UI teams offering a passion for usability and micro-interactions.
- Customer-facing website development experience is advantageous.
What you’ll be doing
You’d be joining an established digital team made up of 7 Developers alongside the QA, UX & Scrum team. Due to the nature of the business user experience is a huge focus, so it’s expected that you will support the creation & maintenance of new features/functionalities across a variety of customer-facing websites, mobile app and internal booking system. Usability is key, you’ll be working very closely with the UX team to ensure that your visions are aligned, and that high-quality layout and brand standards are always upheld . You will contribute to discussions surrounding UI design & new components as well as using CSS/JS animation libraries to deliver new features within an Agile project environment.
What you’ll get in return for your experience
An incredible opportunity to work for a FTSE 250 organisation with a generous salary (c£40K) and long-term progression, allocated training and development budgets, access to courses and conferences alongside a formidable benefits package. You can expect generous holidays (25 days), flexi-time/remote working, annual bonus (up to 10%) plus amazing discounts at a range of restaurants/retailers. The business earned an award for Investors in People (Gold) so they really know how to look after their employees! Above all, you’ll be in a role with real job satisfaction and the autonomy to evaluate, select and suggest new ideas that will be highly valued.
Sound like the role for you? Send your profile to Joe or give us a call to find out more!
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
jobsSearch all jobs
— Flexible/ remote working options.Location:BristolSalary:£35-45K
— Top Digital Agency, Huge Clients, PHPLocation:BristolSalary:£50K-£60K
— Great staff retentionLocation:BristolSalary:£40K-£60K