Graduate/Junior Software Engineer (C#)
— Highly rewarding project base
- World-leading products used by millions.
- Flexible hours with remote working options.
- Rapid growth, constant progression & exposure to emerging tech.
A technology company who build some extremely progressive products used by Scientists & Engineers from a range of industries and organisations around the world are looking for a Junior/Graduate Software Engineer as they look to grow their technology function in Bristol. With a brand-new office space and rapid growth plans in place for 2020, this is a great opportunity for an up-and-coming Engineer to progress their career further whilst rewarding themselves by solving real-life challenges through technology.
What experience you’ll need
- Understanding of C#.Net development, or a similar object-oriented language such as Java, Python or Ruby.
- Knowledge or interest in Windows desktop/application development using WPF.
- Appreciation of cloud technology.
- Awareness of Agile ways of working, such as Scrum, Unit Testing, TDD.
- Preferably degree-educated in a technology related field (e.g Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics).
What you’ll be doing
Working within the software team you will support the team in designing well-structured and documented software applications using agile methods to ensure the design follows laid down codes of practice, software procedures and project life cycle methodologies following TickIT Plus standards. The role will initially be more focused on the desktop side but they are going through a massive transformation, migrating all desktop apps to the cloud so this role will only progress alongside that transformation. It’ll be expected you communicate well within your team, involving yourself in sprint reviews, retrospectives etc. and utilising the support of senior members in the team.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
You will be entitled to 23 days holiday (increasing to 25 with service), flexi-time (core hours 10-12 and 2-3 Monday to Friday, 37.5 hour working week) with the opportunity to do a bit of home working, healthcare cash plan, life assurance 4x salary, group personal pension scheme up to 6% contribution, company subsidized membership of local health clubs. You will be eligible to participate in the company profit share scheme, cycle to work scheme, share incentive plan, free car parking and employee development.
If you’d like to apply or find out more just give Joe a call!