Back to all jobs 2nd JanBack to all jobs
PHP Developers (Mid-Senior, Back-End focus)
— Brand-new offices in the heart of Bristol
£40K - £70K
- Rapidly growing development team.
- Open source technology with varied MVC frameworks (Laravel, Symfony, CodeIgniter).
- Access to latest courses & conferences to upskill your knowledge.
I'm working with a business that started as a technology company but has since evolved into a transformation & technology consultancy. They're currently investing heavily across development after recently bringing it back in-house so are looking for established PHP Developers to join them in their new Central Bristol office. Now that they're a management consultancy they want to put more of an effort into selling their tech tools and this role will play an integral part in that process. They've seen a 30% increase in headcount over the last 4 years and are now at 100 with scope to grow to 150 before the end of 2020, so it's a very exciting time to be joining them!
What experience you'll need
- Extensive background in PHP development primarily focusing on the back-end.
- Management capability and proven experience in a hands-on technical leadership role.
- Significant knowledge of at least one MVC framework (Laravel, Symfony, Codeigniter etc.)
- Good understanding of BDD, preferably with Behat but a similar tool would be great.
- Experience of using various build tools such as Gulp, WebPack, NPM etc.
- Understanding of JIRA would be very beneficial.
- Any knowledge of the following would be advantageous: AWS, Debian, Puppet, PHPUnit, Bootstrap
What you'll be doing
They've recently brought their development in-house and need Developers to join their product development team. You'll be focused on creating new functionalities & maintaining their internal applications, as well as taking the lead in developing new applications too. You will be expected to drive the build of technical specs for new products, providing feedback on upcoming concepts and mentoring the junior developers with any issues they may be facing. You will be engaging with other internal stakeholders as well (Product Owners, Testers, Product Delivery) and contributing to other ongoing projects as and when required. There are multiple roles available so the level of technical direction & strategy will vary depending on experience.
What you'll get in return for your talents
You'll be joining a high-growth team at an early stage and will have the chance to take your career in multiple directions with this role as it grows. The team gets access to a Laracast subscription and get a training budget to upskill in any area they need work on too. They also go on industry relevant techie conferences every year, including Laracon in Amsterdam! On top of that, the salary available is £40-70K and there is a generous set of benefits on top including a wellbeing cash plan, a drinks fridge, contributory pension, 25 days' holiday and a flexi-benefits policy in the pipeline.
Please get in touch with Joe with a CV today to hear about the finer details!
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
jobsSearch all jobs
111 jobs found
— L&D culture, flexi-workingLocation:BristolSalary:£25K-£30K
— Remote WorkingLocation:Remote WorkingType:Salary:£350 p/day - Appropriate for "Outside IR35"
— Top AI & ML productLocation:BristolSalary:£50K-£65K