Senior Back-End Developer
— Tech-for-Good start-up, PHP or Node.js, amazing product.
- Work for a VC backed Forbes ‘Start-up to Watch’.
- Pioneering rewarding/gift giving app using exciting tech.
- Flex working, training budget, shares, top benefits.
A quickly scaling VC backed start-up have identified a gap in the market for their platform and are now looking to grow their development team in their modern office located in central Bristol. Working with clients ranging from SMEs to Enterprise, you’ll help solve complex problems to meet client requirements. You’ll have the chance to influence and directly impact the business at a pinacol moment of growth alongside a likeminded and talented team.
What experience you’ll need
- An excellent grasp of PHP and/or Node.js (both is advantageous; strong experience in at least one is required).
- Good MongoDB / MySQL skills.
- Comfortable consuming and creating RESTful APIs.
- Ability to write unit tests and feature tests.
- Proven knowledge and experience in Git version control.
- Ideally, you’ve used docker in a production environment.
- Experience contributing to a DevOps environment (testing, CI, CD, automation).
- Knowledge of AWS (or similar cloud platform) in a production environment.
Added bonus if you also have:
- Experience with the Laravel framework and scripting and automating CI builds.
What you’ll be doing
As an experienced and passionate Back-End developer who will help take the product and company from proven-beta to game-changing industry leader. You will work closely with the tech-lead and product-lead to build smart solutions to tricky problems, from their initial conceptual stages through to deployment to customers. You will be working in the Back-End team, which produces the API supporting various customer-facing applications, internal applications, and third-party clients. The API runs through Docker on AWS, is written in PHP/Laravel and Node.js, and makes use of MariaDB, MongoDB and Redis. At different times you may be working on the API itself, on the Front-End applications, or on any of the internal tools. You may sometimes need to work with third parties to integrate and consume external services. You will be expected to write high quality testable code using ES6/PHP7 and modern build tools. You will review colleagues’ code and work in Agile teams using GitLab and Jira.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
A competitive salary depending on experience, pension and meaningful stock options. You’ll also be based in a modern office in central Bristol that offers regular social and professional events as well as being situated by the river and local food markets, (perfect lunch spot!). You’ll get the opportunity to work alongside other talented and friendly folk, who are keen to learn and improve skills. In line with their passion for personal development you’ll also be offered a dedicated personal training budget. This can be spent how you like, be that developing your professional skills or a personal hobby like playing the guitar or knitting! You’ll also be able to enjoy monthly socials and team building trips throughout the year as well as the chance to work from home a day a week. Finally, on top of all of these fantastic benefits you’ll have the autonomy to develop the platform quickly and have your product inside the pocket of millions around the world.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
jobsSearch all jobs
— L&D culture, flexi-workingLocation:BristolSalary:£25K-£30K
— Remote WorkingLocation:Remote WorkingType:Salary:£350 p/day - Appropriate for "Outside IR35"
— Top AI & ML productLocation:BristolSalary:£50K-£65K