Senior Front-End Developer
— Tech-for-Good start-up, fun, innovative product, React.js.
- Work for a VC backed Forbes ‘Start-up to Watch’.
- Pioneering rewarding/gift giving app using exciting tech.
- Flex working, training budget, shares, top benefits.
A quickly scaling VC backed start-up have identified a gap in the market for their platform and are now looking to grow their development team in their modern office located in central Bristol. Working with clients ranging from SMEs to Enterprise, you’ll help solve complex problems to meet client requirements. You’ll have the chance to influence and directly impact the business at a pinacol moment of growth alongside a likeminded and talented team.
What experience you’ll need
- An excellent grasp of React.
- Experience using React state management fundamentals.
- An eye for great design, and intuition around the user journey and experience.
- Strong ES6 skills and experience with WebPack.
- Skills in styling React components to match designs.
- Experience in ES7/ESNext.
- Comfortable consuming and creating RESTful APIs.
- Proven knowledge and experience in Git version control.
Added bonus if you also have:
- Knowledge of React Native and deploying iOS and Android apps.
- Comfortable working with and contributing to a DevOps environment (testing, CI, CD, automation).
- Ability to write unit tests and feature tests.
What you’ll be doing
As an experienced and passionate Front-End developer with a flair for design and user experience, you’ll help take the product and company from proven-beta to game-changing industry leader. You will work closely with the tech-lead and product-lead to build smart solutions to tricky problems, from their initial conceptual stages and wireframes through to deployment to customers. Within the Front-End team you will produce various customer-facing and internal applications. You may sometimes need to work with third parties to integrate and consume external services. They will expect you to write high quality testable code using ES6/PHP7 and modern build tools. You will review colleagues’ code and work in Agile teams using GitLab and Jira.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
A competitive salary depending on experience, pension and meaningful stock options. You’ll also be based in a modern office in central Bristol that offers regular social and professional events as well as being situated by the river and local food markets, (perfect lunch spot!). You’ll get the opportunity to work alongside other talented and friendly folk, who are keen to learn and improve skills. In line with their passion for personal development you’ll also be offered a dedicated personal training budget. This can be spent how you like, be that developing your professional skills or a personal hobby like playing the guitar or knitting! You’ll also be able to enjoy monthly socials and team building trips throughout the year as well as the chance to work from home a day a week. Finally, on top of all of these fantastic benefits you’ll have the autonomy to develop the platform quickly and have your product inside the pocket of millions around the world.
If you’d like to be immediately considered, please send your CV to Sarah (email@example.com) or for more information call 01179269530.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
jobsSearch all jobs
— L&D culture, flexi-workingLocation:BristolSalary:£25K-£30K
— Remote WorkingLocation:Remote WorkingType:Salary:£350 p/day - Appropriate for "Outside IR35"
— Top AI & ML productLocation:BristolSalary:£50K-£65K