Software Test Engineer
— outstanding software-house
- Manual testing for cutting-edge space systems.
- Learn automation.
- Flexible working hours, excellent training & development, on-site parking.
A leading developer of advanced technology solutions is looking for an ambitious Software Test Engineer to join them in their central Bristol offices. They work predominantly with blue-chip and public sectors organisations across some seriously exciting sectors such as marine, environment, government and space. Working with some of the largest technology businesses in the world, you’ll be working on a variety of challenging and rewarding projects including applications for grounded and on-board space systems. You’ll have the opportunity to occasionally travel to client site to offer support and see the real world application of your work first hand.
What skills you’ll need
- A background in software testing or software engineering.
- Previous experience of formal test programmes such as verification and validation.
- An understanding of good software development practices including documentation.
- Experience of Java is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of TDD and BDD techniques would be a bonus.
- A good working knowledge of the Software Testing Lifecycle such as UAT.
- Ability to produce test documentation such as test scenarios & results reports.
- Experience of Automation testing, particularly of Web and Desktop applications would be advantageous.
- Security clearance or a willingness to obtain SC.
What you’ll be doing
Joining a collaborative team of Engineers you will be supporting the integration and testing of large scale systems and Java applications critical to the operation of grounded and on-board space systems. Working in an Agile environment, you will be responsible for running Manual tests and lend a hand to automation testing to support the analysis of software anomalies. Further, there will be opportunity for you to visit client site to offer support and assist with testing when required, meaning you’ll be able to see the impact of your work in a real world setting. This is a great opportunity to further your experience of Automation testing, working collaboratively with talented Engineers in some major sectors working on tech-leading projects.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
Not only will you get to work on some tech-leading projects in some seriously exciting sectors you will be entitled to 25 days holiday rising by 1 each year. Also on offer is flexible working hours, on-site parking, a generous pension contribution, private health, life assurance, income protection, SIP, Childcare Vouchers along with excellent training and opportunity to enhance/develop your Automation skills.
Want to know more? Send an up to date CV to Ellen for more info.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
Testing & Quality Assurance jobsSearch all jobs
— Web/Apps/Mobile | Not-for-Profit SpaceLocation:BristolSalary:£23K-£30K
— Integrate new & emerging technologyLocation:BristolSalary:£35K - £50K
— Rapid business growth & career progressionLocation:BristolSalary:£40K - £50K