— Python, JS, Lifesaving Products
- Leading a new team building world-leading applications to protect lives.
- Fast-paced, progressive software house growing quickly.
The role will be remote initially moving to 2-3 days onsite in Bristol as the team grows so candidates will need to be South-West based.
What experience you’ll need
- As a leader of an engineering team, the Technical Lead will need a deep technical background.
- Strong understanding/experience of asynchronous programming, preferably with Python but other languages are acceptable.
- Any knowledge of the following would be highly desirable: Kubernetes, Docker, Rust, C, PostgreSQL, NoSQL.
- Prior engineering experience from the defence or security industry is desirable.
- Familiarity with algorithms, data structures, storage systems, cloud infrastructure, front-end frameworks, and other technical tools.
- A desire to work on software and applications that have real-world impact.
- Able to work on large codebases and learn new tools.
- Guide technical discussions and evaluate trade-offs to help other stakeholders to take informed decisions.
- Proven leader and manager with strong communication skills to effectively interact with our entire organization.
What you’ll be doing
As Technical Lead you will be working in an extremely rewarding role with a diverse range of challenges running an effective team that delivers high-quality user experiences in a timely fashion. They’re bringing the latest web technologies to real-world hardware interfacing with very diverse equipment including radar, sonar, thermal imaging, software-defined radios and more. Their UI runs on touchscreen displays, tablets, phones, smart-glasses and more! They will look to you to coach team members by providing technical and leadership guidance and feedback for their personal development and growth. This includes setting clear goals and tracking progress. A key part of your role will be communicating progress with stakeholders across the company and regularly working with engineers, designers and product managers. The role will involve a mix of leadership and hands on development as you learn and help to enhance their pioneering product suite.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
This is an amazing opportunity to help a fast-growing tech leader with a strong entrepreneurial spirit knowing that your work will directly help to protect lives. On offer is a competitive salary (£80-100K depending on experience) with benefits including annual bonus (approx. 10%), pension, 28 days hols, a paid induction fortnight at their European HQ in Monaco and more. They are committed to creating an environment and culture that encourages creativity, continuous learning, and individual responsibility to solve problems, add value and achieve professional growth. You’ll become an integral part of the business and help them to shape technical strategy, evaluate new technology and help them continue to develop and improve products that have a meaningful impact on people’s safety.
Like the sounds of this one? Get in touch with Mike to find out more.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— Top Digital AgencyLocation:BristolSalary:£45K-£60K
— 3 Months Initial - Remote WorkingLocation:Remote + BristolType:Salary:Up to £500 p/day
— Forward thinking digital agencyLocation:RemoteSalary:£35000 - £45000