Test Automation Engineer
— Java 8, Automation, TDD & BDD
- Work with the latest automation tools for cutting-edge space systems.
- Award-winning organisation.
- Flexible working hours, excellent training & development, on-site parking.
An award-wining software house is looking for an ambitious Test Automation Engineer to join them in their central Bristol offices. They work predominantly with blue-chip and public sectors organisations across some seriously exciting sectors such as marine, environment, government and space. Working with some of the largest technology businesses in the world, you’ll be working on a variety of challenging and rewarding projects including applications for grounded and on-board space systems. You’ll have the opportunity to occasionally travel to client site to offer support and see the real world application of your work first hand.
What skills you’ll need
- Proven test automation experience with either Selenium or Cucumber, preferably on web or desktop applications.
- Good working knowledge of Java within TDD and BDD toolsets.
- Awareness of the SDLC and where various testing tools are appropriate.
- Ability to produce test documentation such as test scenarios & results reports.
- An awareness of the DevOps culture of working (CI, Build/Automation etc.).
- Good knowledge of a range of test management tools, for example HP ALM, QC etc.
- Significant understanding of Linux.
What you’ll be doing
Joining a collaborative team of Engineers you will be supporting the integration and testing of large scale systems and Java applications critical to the operation of grounded and on-board space systems. You’ll be expected to take responsibility for defining automation test plans and supporting large & complex client test delivery, ensuring that it meets quality, time & cost objectives at all times. You’ll take part in regular sprints, constantly reviewing test processes and practices to keep the team adaptable to change Further, there will be opportunity for you to visit client site to offer support and assist with testing when required, meaning you’ll be able to see the impact of your work in a real world setting. This is a great opportunity to further your experience of Automation testing, working collaboratively with talented Engineers in some major sectors working on tech-leading projects.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
Not only will you get to work on some tech-leading projects in some seriously exciting sectors you will be entitled to 25 days holiday rising by 1 each year. Also on offer is flexible working hours, on-site parking, a generous pension contribution, private health, life assurance, income protection, SIP, Childcare Vouchers along with excellent training and opportunity to further develop your automation skills.
Want to know more? Send an up to date CV to Ellen for more info.