Software Engineering Manager
— Leading a cross-functional team
Salary: £75K - £85K
- Fantastic working environment in a central Bristol location.
- Remote working, flexi-time & 37.5hr week.
- Working with the most cutting edge technology.
Software Engineering Manager with experience in managing high performing development teams needed for a hugely progressive, forward-thinking and continually growing company based in central Bristol. With a turnover of c£700m and 4 offices in Bristol & London, they were voted as being the top 20 of companies to work for in The Sunday Times!
What skills you'll need
- Though hands-off, you will need a proven background in software engineering (object-oriented & functional programming - Scala, Clojure) and be able to have complex technical discussions with the rest of the team. You’ll need an ability to involve yourself with the architectural design.
- Significant leadership experience, ideally cross-functional teams of 10-20 people. The teams work at a very high standard and are very independent so an understanding of offering autonomy to them is expected.
- Understanding of open source technologies; they’re not looking for someone from a Microsoft or Enterprise background.
- Extensive knowledge of operating in a highly Agile environment is essential.
- Cloud experience would be ideal though not essential (AWS, Google Cloud etc.). As well as this, containerisation knowledge (Docker/Kubernetes) and an awareness of DevOps would be preferred.
- This role is all about people management coupled with a deep understanding of technology and a willingness to stay in touch with the latest trends.
What you'll be doing
You will be managing a cross-functional team split into Data Engineering, Scala Development and CRM (you won’t be expected to have knowledge of all 3), offering support, technical direction and advocating Agile practices where possible. You’ll be covering things like backlogs, data migrations, salesforce and general development projects, constantly using the most progressive and modern technology around. More importantly you will be creating a happy and open working environment where your team feel engaged, driven and willing to create and innovate. You’ll also be responsible for their professional development and recruiting new members to the technology team.
What you'll get in return for your talents
Where do we even start? They offer a range of benefits including flexible/remote working, free breakfast, fruit & drinks, a minimum of 12% bonus, a 4% flexible benefit scheme (including phones, laptops, TVs and bikes) and a great pension. Importantly the working environment they have created is second to none. The offices themselves are fantastic and you’ll also be working with some great people who value the company and what they believe in. This company has achieved and is continuing to achieve some great things.
Want to join the team? Send your CV to Joe or give us a call now!Back to jobs