You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
Innovation Programmer (C++)
— Greenfield projects, product based
- Be part of a brand new innovation hub.
- Work in exciting new areas for the business like AI, augmented reality and cloud-computing.
- Opportunities for future progression as the team grows.
A well-established and highly successful business is investing in creating a new innovation centre in Bristol and are looking for two Software Innovation Programmers (C++) to help establish the new team. They are looking for mathematically and/or scientifically minded programmers that have an interest in working with AI, Cloud-based services, big data, machine learning and all things cutting edge, helping to shape the future of both the business and the wider industry.
What experience you’ll need
- Strong C++ programming skills.
- Object Orientated analysis and design.
- An academic background or strong personal ability within Computer Science or Mathematics is needed.
- Experience will STL, MFC and/or Boost.
- Knowledge of CADCAM would be beneficial.
- Experience with OpenGL and computer graphics would also be beneficial.
- Any professional or personal knowledge of augmented reality, AI, cloud computing, big data, machine learning, etc. would be highly advantageous but not essential.
- Experience with rendering packages would be useful.
What you’ll be doing
You will be helping to establish the team at the new innovation hub, whilst still liaising with the existing software development team. As well as working on traditional CADCAM projects, you will be focussed on introducing AI and cloud-based services into the existing range of projects. The innovation centre’s purpose is ultimately to open up new areas for the business and also to improve existing product lines so there will be flexibility and adaptability in your work. You will be working on collaborative projects with local scientific/engineering hubs such as Bath and Bristol universities.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
On top of a generous salary (up to £45K), you will be offered the chance to help create an exciting new innovation hub for a business that’s already leading it’s industry. As the hub grows, there will be the chance for future progression, as well as professional development, including the ability to work in potentially new areas like AI and cloud-computing. You’ll be offered flexi-time, health insurance, generous holiday allowance and more.
Like the sound of this one? Send in your CV NOW to Jack for immediate consideration.Back to jobs
This job has now been filled but you may be interested in: