Contract Scala Developer
— Great company!
Rate: £500 - £550 per day
- Working with cutting edge technology.
- Fantastic working environment in a central Bristol location.
- Multi-award winning & hugely popular company!
Contract Scala Engineer (at least 6 months) needed for a dynamic, ethical and continually growing company based in central Bristol. They are known for using technology to disrupt their sector, so much so that they have recently been featured in Wired Magazine for being pioneers in their field. They are firm believers in the power of technology and need people who think in the same way.
What skills you'll be needing
- Scala (of course) – ideally 3+ years.
- You’ll be knowledgeable with REST, Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment.
- Clean, reusable code is extremely important and it’s essential that you deeply care about the quality of your work.
- You'll need to be happy to mentor more junior Scala Developers.
- Any experience with Apache Kafka, Google Pub / Sub, Google Datastore, AWS / GCP and Kubernetes would be highly benefical.
What you'll be doing
You’ll be joining a team of high performing developers, building and scaling parts of the companies’ microservice platform. You’ll be involved in the full development lifecycle and will be confident in building scalable, distributed web applications. Continuous improvement is a key element in this role and you’ll be expected to take part and encourage debates and collaboration to ensure innovation and creativity is used throughout the team.
What you'll get in return for your talents
Where do we even start? They offer a range of benefits including flexible working, free breakfast, fruit & drinks & an onsite cafe. Importantly the working environment they have created is second to none. The offices themselves are fantastic and you’ll also be working with some great people who value the company and what they believe in. This company has achieved and is continuing to achieve some great things.
Want to be part of it? Then send in your CV to Hannah B (01179269530).Back to jobs