Software Development Manager
— Popular, ethical company
Salary: £70K - £90K
- Fantastic working environment in a central Bristol location
- Multi-award winning company
- Working with the most cutting edge technology
Software Engineering Manager with experience in managing high performing development teams needed for a hugely popular and continually growing company based in central Bristol.
What skills you'll be needing
- Although this role is hands off it's essential that you have a strong software engineering background (ideally in functional programming - Scala / Clojure) and be able to talk comfortably about complex technical problems.
- The teams are high performing and are used to a level of independence, so you’ll be expected to have had experience managing development teams who have autonomy in their technical decision making.
- Experience working in a genuinely Agile environment is essential.
- You’ll be great with people and be confident regularly liaising with colleagues at all levels.
- This role is all about people management coupled with a deep understanding of technology and a willingness to stay in touch with the latest trends.
What you'll be doing
As a Software Engineering Manager you will be responsible for managing a team of developers and providing support, motivation and technical direction to them. You’ll be an advocate for Agile practices and will be constantly striving to improve your teams work practices and performance. More importantly you will be creating a happy and open working environment where your team feel engaged, driven and willing to create and innovate. You’ll also be responsible for their professional development and recruiting new members to the technology team.
What you'll get in return for your talents
Where do we even start? They offer a range of benefits including flexible working, free breakfast, fruit & drinks, a minimum of 12% bonus, a 4% flexible benefit scheme (including phones, laptops, TVs and bikes) and a great pension. Importantly the working environment they have created is second to none. The offices themselves are fantastic and you’ll also be working with some great people who value the company and what they believe in. This company has achieved and is continuing to achieve some great things.
Want to be a part of it? Then send in your CV to Hannah B (01179269530).Back to jobs